2022 NLU Texas Cup (Frankston, TX): 2022, May 13-15 - Still at Pine Dunes - Signup Post #77

Isam saying Cam checked his credit score before teeing off slayed me.

13 Likes

all these comments are giving me life.

Playing 8-somes to “speed things up” will always stick with me.

12 Likes

Similar to firing gun shots every quarter in my neighborhood to try and lower the tax valuation of my home, I plan on roasting Pine dunes Google reviews to deter people from going there.

4 Likes

Be ready for Jodi to bring the heat back at you

2 Likes

Went down surprisingly smooth as well

2 Likes

@anotherballromes bank shot of the tree on 7 that landed on the green was shot of the weekend for me.

3 Likes

Legendary up and down

1 Like

@BigPlex @STROHS

Here’s the write up for the Texas Cup, I had a blast with you knuckleheads and look forward to the next one. craic on.

11 Likes

That was great, except in the alt-shot round it was me and @desperateunder105 winning 6&5, not the other way around.

2 Likes

Heston regrets the error. You are correct.

1 Like

fixed!

1 Like

Cc @BigPlex

1 Like

Great Write Up.

Constructive criticism is that it could use some more Jodi references/content. The question is, “Can you ever have enough Jodi content?”

The answer, “Hell yes.”

4 Likes

Just wrapped up the accounting for this year. Our donation has been made for $2130 to the Austin Firefighters Relief and Outreach Fund (AFROF). As noted before the tournament, my wife and I have supported this organization for many years now, and are personal friends with the executive committee. AFROF is effectively AFLAC for firefighters - when shit gets real and firefighters get hurt, get sick, or have other major life events, AFROF is set up to literally write them a check to cover all the things insurance doesn’t cover, so that they can focus on healing and recovery. This money is going to go directly to families that need it, and I’m incredibly thankful to each and every one of you for your willingness to donate. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

@WhineyCracker52 and @jsteve15, you guys are awesome captains. Thanks for an amazing event. Let’s do it again next year?

9 Likes

Well I can finally share this with y’all. This was a video my wife took of me getting home from Pine Dunes.

Felt a little surreal after the conversations I’d had with @jbrooks and @rmaas91 that weekend but it was an exciting gift to come home to.

Put me on the list for next year regardless

23 Likes

Congrats man!!!

If it’s a girl and you don’t name her Jodi, we riot.

15 Likes

Congrats dude! talk about a cherry on top of the weekend

That’s huge news. Congrats, man!

Congrats!

2023 Texas Cup thread is active - 2023 NLU Texas Cup - Let's get it started!. Go vote!

1 Like