2021 South Carolina Refuge Event

I’m on it gents. Look for something solid next week. Enjoy your turkeys! Playing a round in Barnwell on Friday with the fam…anyone have any insights? Called for a tee time, sweet girl said, “oh honey, we don’t do those here”. Should be a lovely round.

6 Likes

Sweetwater?

Yep. That’s the one

How was it?

Heyyo, did final dates ever get booked for this?

I’m getting caught up and just saw you played Sweetwater in Barnwell. That is the closest course to where I live and it is 50 minutes away. Bless Rural SC life. Curious as to what you thought.

#5 at Sweetwater is the worst Par 4 in the world but there are some fun holes out there in terms of what you pay verse what you get. It’s a good value.

What is the current status of a 2021 SC Refuge event?
Love the idea of a Fri-Sunday somewhere but would have to do it before May. I’m happy to help coordinate if needed.

2 Likes

Hey everyone ! Not related to a refuge event - but my wife and I are looking to get away some weekend in the spring and always have wanted to check out South Carolina. Looking to see if there were any recommendations to check out on the coast, for most likely just a quick friday - sunday trip. Just us two, I will get in a good round of golf somewhere while she does her own thing for a saturday afternoon and then just enjoy the rest of the weekend taking in the sights, food and drink. Appreciate any advice, thanks !

There’s a lot of info in the roll call South Carolina thread you can draw from.

Your main areas would be HHI, Kiawah/Charleston, Pawleys Island or Myrtle.

Depends on what you’re looking for from a budget and things to do standpoint.

Here’s the thread

Just go to Charleston. The golf is better elsewhere but Charleston will be far better the rest of the weekend.

2 Likes

After seeing the vibes from the cookout v bojangles NC weekend, i’m interested in someone reviving the SC refuge event. Any interest?

1 Like

If there is interest (which who are we kidding there is).

How do people feel about a one day tee time thing in Columbia area probably on a Saturday… Gives everyone the chance to day trip from across the state…Nothing major could be 4 of us or probably 20+…

18 Likes

“If you build it they will come”.

Give me a reason to get out of town in May

1 Like

I’ll get with @Churchie and get the wheels greased on something.

4 Likes

I’m in! I’m coming from greenwood. I may have a loose connection at Golden Hills in Lexington if you’re interested in that.

1 Like

This thread is relevant to my interests. Will be monitoring.

3 Likes

I’m in…and can try to arrange something at CCL.

1 Like

I’d come up from Orlando for the weekend.

Just sayin’

2 Likes