2020 NLU Events Schedule

Edit: $40, but point taken.

Let’s split the difference, call it $30, and spend the other $10 on a lobster roll.

https://www.mesga.org/club/scripts/library/view_document.asp?NS=ABOUT&DN=MEMREG

I know there are clubs in LA County that you can join and get a GHIN for around $15.

I love that I’ve essentially become a character from Squidbillies in this exchange.

6 Likes

Played in a couple Ryder Cup style events at Flushing Pitch and Putt. Had a group of Brits, Scots, Aussies and Yanks. Teams were split between the Motherland (Brits & Scots) and the Colonies (Yanks and Aussies). Played 4 ball matches with the following requirements for each participant. 1. Ridiculous golf attire required. 2. Each player was allowed a wedge and a putter, no other clubs. 3. All participants must drink 4 cold tall boys for their scores to count. It was a sh*t show in the best possible way.

12 Likes

That sounds awesome! haha

any update on registration at Rustic for those outside nest (for the short time-being)

2 Likes

Based on the interest I’ve seen from people within the Nest it might have filled

2 Likes

Playoffs, if required, will take place on the mini-golf track. And let me tell ya, it’s a treat!

1 Like

Newbie here…How would one go about getting into the Rustic event?
Thanks…

How can I sign up for the Milwaukee event?

Meaning the NIT event? Not open for registration yet. Only non-Refuge organized qualifier that has opened is the Rustic Canyon event in less than 2 weeks.

That would make sense, trying to branch out and meet some new people this year so I want to make sure I do not miss the registration. Anyone know how qualifying works? Are events handicapped? What is the format?

1 Like

Are you a Nest member? They laid it out in the pod a little over a week ago. Nest members get first shot at registration, then it’s opened up to the wider audience if they haven’t hit the max. Each event gets a certain number of spots to qualify.

I believe each event is handicapped, but not sure if they’ll throw a curveball in there or something. Also believe the format varies, depending on the event.

Don’t forget that some member organized events have also been granted spots. There’s one spot for our San Antonio duel in 3+ weeks, believe the Charlotte event has a spot, and the Detroit event gets a couple.

1 Like

There’s also member events popping up just so people can get to together and play golf and hang out! Find your local chapter of RACDG. You’ll probably find a match or two!

2 Likes

I really appreciate the help. I am not a nest member I have been thinking about joining since they announced it, but I keep struggling to justify it when I know as soon as the weather breaks here I spend so much less time listening to the pod/spending time on here and more time playing.

Considering the limited nature of the NIT events, I would start with these two threads:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/the-boxcar-a-refuge-golf-tournament-chicago/14341

Thank You I have been semi active in those threads and have (I think) signed up for at least one Boxcar event

1 Like

:+1:

Dive on in, playing with internet strangers is only weird the first time.

6 Likes

Just don’t take the early flight home from San Diego

8 Likes

I am working my way into it that is why I am looking into getting into some of these events. I have a “regular” group of about 12 guys I normally play with on Wed, Sat and Sun during the season, but I think it would be fun every once in a while to branch out and meet some new people, play some different course etc

1 Like