2020 NLU Events Schedule

So do you just place well in one of the meet ups to qualify?

Looking hard at Golf Genius and should have that rolling in the coming weeks

3 Likes

We use it at my home club for events, it is awesome! Highly recommend.

We switched from bluegolf and so far much more impressed. When we were going through the demo we were asking specific questions to running a nationwide tour as our intention was to pitch you guys on a Refuge Tour.

1 Like

:eyes: Brown Deer Park :eyes:

beta.nolayingup.com/profile - copy and paste unique link into podcast platform (podcast will not work on spotify)

This may have been addressed elsewhere, maybe in the original Nest “sign up” announcement. What is the requirement for handicap possession as it relates to qualifiers? A) Required? B) Must it be an official GHIN or a rough one from somewhere like the Grint (even though those programs seem to be transitioning to the GHIN anyway)?

I don’t think there was anything officially announced in this regard, I would think it is going to be down to:

Don’t be a scumbag

Its the TC way!

Let’s not assume that. People should be establishing handicaps if they want to play in these things.

5 Likes

I still need to establish a GHIN. I let it lapse in college and just created a spreadsheet to calculate it for me. It’s the exact formula as the real thing so I just kept it going for the last 5 years. The new weather aspect though is not something I know how to model for so it’s finally time.

Agreed. Any net event is going to be rife with sandbagging as is but I can’t imagine a world where they’d just let you write in your handicap with no way to verify.

1 Like

You’ll never hear me complaining about sandbagging at one of these, except in jest, because nobody’s making a living here.

But nobody’s special. Everybody else jumps through the hoops, you should too. All the excuses (I don’t belong to a club, I don’t play competitions, etc.) are just that. You like golf enough to pay $90 for the Nest and then do what it takes to enter one of these, you can pay $20 to your local association or BCN, and enter three scores.

/rant

13 Likes

Show up, have fun, make some new friends, have a few beers. End of story.

18 Likes

I’ve really been struggling off the tee recently, put me down as a 42.

6 Likes

Let’s not assume what? I literally said there was nothing officially announced + don’t be a scumbag…

I currently don’t have one established, because life has gotten in the way, hope everybody can understand me giving an honest estimate over posting 3 scores for the sake of having a handicap to play in an event

1 Like

I’ve got receipts that you said one of those scores was a 78

1 Like

/extremely DJPie voice

Listen, for sure… but when we know there is likely something on the line for the actual NIT, it just takes one person to ruin the whole vibe. The competitive side of people is going to come out in this thing, it’s inevitable, so I’d like to think the guys don’t want their inaugural NIT to be tainted by someone abusing the system and be forced to change the rules next year. Sure everyone here seems like good peeps but golf events attract the worst kind of people all the time. Perhaps I’m just being overly pessimistic here.

4 Likes

I meant +78…I swear

1 Like

You Canadians are too polite.