Your favorite song

I think I’ve commented on every song you put in because we have very similar tastes haha. But I hadn’t found Re: Stacks until a girlfriend of mine broke up with me a couple of years ago, and man, you wanna talk about getting hit by a damn freight train. Can count the number of times on one hand a song affected me that much. I can listen to it now without thinking of that stuff, but it’s still wildly powerful.

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve ever seen this, but it’s one of the best YouTube videos of all time. Early Bon Iver in France doing a few songs - one acapella in an echoey hallway, one while literally walking around Paris. Incredibly cool.

6 Likes

Fuck yeah man, I wore out the play again button on this video

1 Like

And the Skinny Love video too from the same thing

4 Likes

I have several favorites from several genres, but if you make me pick one…

1 Like

Oh man I go deep on Bon Iver youtube videos. Perhaps this is a conversation better suited for Music - May 16 Theme: Golf Course Songs

2 Likes

My friends and I made a push to have this as our Senior Prom theme song. Finished a distant third

1 Like

I would also say I have favorite songs from favorite artists. Far too many to narrow it down to one.

That Middle East song is SOOOOOO GOOOOOD.

My favorite songs change way too much.

I think I’d go for Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant as far as my childhood fav song.

More recent I’m still playing Paramore’s “After Laughter” album over and over and over. Particularly “fake happy”.

1 Like

Can’t say absolutely one favorite, but in terms of channeling raw emotion through beautiful music, it’s hard to top PJ Harvey’s Silence:

For Me This Is Heaven - Jimmy Eat World

1 Like

Fuck yes! Loved this video and loved this album. I find it to be a truly perfect album. I basically have listened to it straight through almost anytime I listen to it. Only 40 minutes. It’s just one long track.

Man, I thought about posting this album as my favorite song a few times since I saw this thread.

Sorry are we talking about Europeans singing in echoey places?

The guy on the left (lead singer of AnnenMayKantereit) has one of my favorite voices of all time.

Undisputed

1 Like

Echoey places you say? This is some truly next level spiritual stuff.

4 Likes

Man this brings me back. I used to play Octavarium, change of seasons, and count of Tuscany on repeat while studying in college. People look at you like you’re crazy when you tel them three songs last over an hour.

1 Like

It’s funny because when you said it I immediately thought “oh shit I forgot how good that song is, lemme throw him a like”. Then I look down and you have 8 likes already. Looks like a lotta people forgot how good this is

1 Like

a very close second however

4 Likes

This is also almost definitely in my top 5.

5 Likes

My top five is probably more like a 30 track LP

2 Likes