Xbox: Refuge Ryder/Pres Cup competition

Over the next few weeks members of the TGC Refuge Postponed Tour will take part in our first ever (for Xbox) Ryder/Pres Cup Event. Two teams of 8 have been assembled and will compete in 5 rounds of match play with 24 points available.

Round 1 - Team Best Ball
Round 2 - Team Alternate Shot
Round 3 - Team Best Ball
Round 4 - Team Alternate Shot
Round 5 - Singles

Teams were assembled based on current refuge tour flights (luckily it balanced out perfectly) and will be announced in the following posts.

Rules:

• Captains will select pairings on a match by match basis (similar to President’s Cup). We will use snake draft method to keep it fair.
  • Matches will need to be completed by a certain date. Rounds 1/2 and 3/4 will each have 5 day windows to complete. Round 5 will have a 3 day window.
  • Teams will schedule time to run the matches live on PS4 and will post the result and scores in the google sheet upon completion.
  • Conditions for the courses will be determined prior to the events and whoever sets up the matches will be responsible for matching those conditions for the course.
  • Should the event end in a 12-12 tie, the captains will each select two from their team to compete in an 18 hole alternate shot tie-breaker.

If you would like to be included in future editions of this, just use the poll in the thread below so we can track it in one place

cc: @Jbors for the copy-paste thread

2 Likes

Team Europe

@BigtimePolecat - Young Hitter - Captain
@jaytarbzzz - Young Hitter
@JShaw - C-Suite
@padeswood86 - C-Suite
@DJsCokeDealer - Strapped
@FringeLife - Strapped
@Vaughanw22 - Strapped B
@mjf0282 - Unranked?!?

2 Likes

Team USA

@smallz0r - Young Hitter - Captain
@seattlezero93 - Young Hitter
@brutalbaum - C-Suite
@JamesHCard - C-Suite
@elaaks02 - Strapped
@PhiladelphiaCollins - Strapped
@KC_Badger - Strapped
@Gdasilva11 - Strapped

1 Like

Puts the wild card on his team? What does Polecat know?!

Also, seeing my dude @Vaughanw22 in on this bums me out that I bailed.

Also also @seattlezero93 and @smallz0r are TOUGH. That’s a formidable crew there.

3 Likes

All I’m saying is there may be a few @smallz0r and @seattlezero93 pairings to match against the Polecat… It’d be a tough scene for the captain to deliver no points…

3 Likes

Turns out, he was the true wildcard in this all along as a PS4 player. Sad to see him go, but that also means recruiting is back open, preferably someone in the Strapped division to keep the teams as even as possible. Let me know if you’d like to join the team! No tryouts necessary!

1 Like

Needs more Strapped B

@jaytarbzzz I hope you’ve got strong shoulders…

Here are the match ups for the 1st session. Course setup on the right

Just waiting on confirmation from one player to join my team in the last vacant spot, but for everyone listed. Coordinate with your opposition to find a time to tee it up. Hope to get these matches done in the next 2-3 days

Edit: Updated teams. Also try to remember to take a picture of the results to post in here after each match

1 Like

Where is the match stream

1 Like

I’ll join. Tag is HartDaFart. I wasn’t in the refuge postponed tour though. So would that make me a wildcard?

2 Likes

Alright you’re in, hopefully that wildcard turns into a ringer

1 Like

Keep your eyes on here. Some people might choose to stream their matches

If that gamertag doesn’t scream ringer, I don’t know what does.

3 Likes

Got our match scheduled for 3 ET tomorrow afternoon. Will post a stream to help anyone get through their Thursday afternoon!

3 Likes

Guis,

Match 1 between myself and @JShaw vs @brutalbaum & @KC_Badger will be starting around 9:35 pm eastern tonight. I’ll provide some live updates here.

4 Likes

Love the 9:35. Like an actual tee time.

4 Likes

May the best team (me and @DJsCokeDealer) win

2 Likes

3 Likes

There’s a reason I sent you guys out first (not that it really matters for this). Get us on the board early

2 Likes