Wolf Hammer For Dummies

if you drop at any point, you forfeit any and all hammer and take dots for the hole, in addition to the hole dot

If you left out the wolf aspect, could you structure it for 3 people? Question would really just be how the hammer/take points would work in a 3 person game.

That’s tough with the hammers, but I’m sure you could make it work. I think it would be easier to just do 3 man wolf or keep a rotating 2v1.

Can someone tell me how handicaps come into play with this? I saw in the NLU video Haas plays at a +6 and GH is given 16 strokes on him I just want to know how that comes into play in wolf hammer.

The way we play, ‘caps only affect Hole/Hammer/Take/Boomerang dots. So if GH is getting a stroke then he takes those when his NET score beats Haas’ gross. All the other Junk is still gross score par-dependent .

This is a fun game if you like spreadsheets and slowing down the entire course behind you.

This is how I do it. It probably does give a little advantage to good players because they are more likely to hit certain junk like wasabi but it’s not too bad. Most of my gang are within about 5ish strokes of each other. I think a 15 vs a 3 wouldn’t quite be fair.

I was playing solo this afternoon, but had a potential wolf hammer scenario pop up. @Soly, @Tron or anyone else, can you be taint eligible between two fairway bunkers or do they have to be greenside? I ended up missing the green with my approach, but got up and down for what would have been a taint(?), junkman, and poley.

Yes, that is indeed a taint.

It’s only a true taint when you can stand in the middle and touch both bunkers with rakes, correct? Or is there a variation?