Whoop Band | NLU Group Code: COMM-43CE09

It will be interesting to see how thorough that tool is when it’s launched.

I have been using Train Heroic to track my weights workouts and it’s terrific, but if I can have that data within whoop then even better.

Coming up with an aggregate weight lifted for a workout isn’t that complicated but is a good data point to have given that not all 24-set workouts are created equal.

And within each exercise:

3 Likes

I guess, but strain is specifically cardiovascular strain. You can get a great lift in for 30 minutes. Building real strength. But it’s not taxing your heart.

1 Like

Listen… I like my version better

2 Likes

I believe that is pretty new, within the last month or so, still a very cool feature!

My annual renewal is up in 10 days. Had my whoop for 15 months and have really enjoyed it. But $250 is a lot and I think I can better use that money elsewhere.

Anyone moved on from whoop life and have #noragrets?

2 Likes

In a similar boat as you, mine is coming up in 7 days and unsure what I’ll do. I received an email from them 2 weeks ago about 20% off my next extension, tried it and it worked on the $239 12 month extension, bringing it down to about $200. However I was lazy and didn’t pull the trigger right then, figuring I’d wait until later. That code no longer works and I’ve been fighting with CS about them honoring that.
Their CS is truly, truly bad. I’ve tried the chat multiple times and people tell me to fill out a claim on the site and end the chat(!) and I’ve called their line twice, once for 45 minutes before a meeting, and another time I spent over an hour on before it just booted me.

3 Likes

yeah I’m definitely leaning towards not renewing. I think I’ve learned what I needed. But I will miss the strain info on my workouts. I really do like trying to hit between 10-13 on my workouts the 4-5 days I week I do one.

But recovery wise - I know what I need to do and I’m not sure having it at this point is keeping me any more “honest” than not having it would. If anything it would take away the anxiety from the bad red days.

Like 90%+ of days, I’m dismissing the journal entry. If I can’t be bothered to do that part of it, I shouldn’t spend my money on it.

2 Likes

Been off it since August I think after 2 years and some change. Miss it occasionally. Been doing some very intense yoga classes lately that I’d love to know what the strain would be. It became a expensive rubber band. It was a chore to keep up with the journal. Same as you’ve said it did it’s job.

1 Like

I hated when they switched up the journal format. My drop off in answering the questions is directly correlated to that UI change. I liked the swiping left / right through questions. I could dismiss a question that didn’t apply and answer the ones that did. The new format just makes it too easy for me to dismiss the whole question sheet entirely.

2 Likes

The nice thing about the journal is having pre-set answers, so I rarely change anything and just scroll through and hit submit and make changes when necessary.
The thing that still irks me is how much HRV accounts for, when I get 8 hours of good REM/Deep Sleep, have a great resting heart rate, but if my HRV is below 110 its an auto yellow.
If I can get them to honor the 20%, I’ll likely extend another year and cross that bridge in 2024. I had a buddy who had the amazon halo, and it looks okay, but the app appeared far more clunky/less informative than whoop

below 110 is auto yellow is wild to me. above 80 is green for me lol.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever been above 60.

Am I… Am I dead?

5 Likes

I really would like to find another way to test HRV, to see if mine truly is as high as it reads on whoop at times, during Dry January I was averaging in the 120-130 range I think?

1 Like

We get it. You’re a Ferarri. We’re Fieros. Ease up bro

2 Likes

I must be a Ferrari trapped in the chassis of a 2001 Honda Civic, because that’s how I feel

2 Likes

Listen… I’m really worried….

1 Like

My renewal is coming up soon and so happens my battery stopped working recently. I went through the troubleshooting steps and it didn’t work so I’ve decided I’m done.

Many factors but the short of it is that I just don’t think the hardware is worth the premium. My 3.0 also died. It was helpful for me to identify some lifestyle and training changes and for that I’m appreciative.

I’m going to go buy a wedge or two instead.

2 Likes

I think I’m closing in on 3 years with my whoop and I feel like I understand the data and what affects me.

I’m using it as motivation at this point. Wake up in the green and just feel lazy? Don’t want to waste a green day. I get that’s not for everyone but works well for me.

New app update and layout is awesome

3 Likes