Which Refugees Have You Played With? (and can you remember where?)

Ironically, my only golf with Refugees has been overseas with @Bullseye and @MashNL. :netherlands: :golf:

I did have drinks with @Lazstradamus in Pasadena back in May tho. :beers:

1 Like

Fixed it.

Brookside would be a treat.

2 Likes

I’ve played it once a year for the last three years and I finallyyyy “got it” this time. The greens are ridiculous, but that has converted from “clownish and frustrating” in my head to “incredibly fun”. It legitimately might be my favorite Northeast Ohio course now.

They have three crashpad rooms in the clubhouse, too, maybe we could make it an optional stay-and-play Refugee thing, head north to Sand Ridge too, crash at the cabins out there. Play like 36 at each place over the course of the weekend. Idk, just thinking out loud.

3 Likes

I’d make the time for a Refugee get-together like this. Let’s find a way to make it happen.

5 Likes

None.

3 Likes

my list is long and distinguished… (like my johnson - s/o Slider)

and it will get longer

3 Likes

I’m flattered

1 Like

Bought to be a large list in here for 16ish Refugees after the Burner.

7 Likes

there’s no way we played together…and if we did, I need a GD DM like RIGHT FUCKING NOW

2 Likes

Damn I knew I was forgetting something. Sorry man, fixed it.

1 Like

This feels like a quasi memory/friendship test. I failed.

Three so far:

@BD8 at Kennemer Golf & Country Club
Incredibly talented photographer, and I’m pretty sure he is the Australian 3-wood long drive champion. Generational might the correct way to describe it. Rumored to be the one who coined the term SHAFUA.

@Bullseye at the Amsterdam Old Course and Links Valley
Uncrowned king of the putter game with his Scotty Bulls Eye. Creative genius, and manufacturer of 3 of the coolest headcovers I’ve ever seen. Not going to lie, I’m jealous. The US’ most successful cyclist on European soil since Lance Armstrong. What ever happened to that guy? Anyway, rumored to be the one who coined the term SHAFUA.

@holeout with @Bullseye at Links Valley
By far the best player I’ve ever played with. Seeing him hit a ball is the best inspiration and motivation to work on my own game. Seriously. I’ll never reach his level, but man, how beautiful can a well executed golf shot be… Shotlink was down on our round, but his proximity to the hole never exceeded 8 feet. His razor sharp wedge game earned him the moniker Het scheermes uit Knoxville locally, but as that’s hard to pronounce for most I took some creative liberty and changed it to the Tennessee Katana. When he emigrates here, which is only a matter of time, he’ll instantly be the nations best amateur.

6 Likes

Feel like we should have a roll call run on all of the names you’ve listed to make sure none are missing

@LJP is so nice, he got listed twice.

1 Like

Kind words from a great guy. @MashNL is sneaky good bomber of the ball with a swing so short you almost miss it. I believe his swing/game has the power to lull competitors into losing lots and lots of money. Refuges beware. Rest assured that after the round you will be treated to an impressive assortment of snacks and refreshments from his trunk.

He’s spot on about the Tennessee Katana formally known as @holeout. His game makes you forget about your trash game during the round (in a good way), and then fires you up afterwards to improve. Here we were as he crushed one 300 down the middle:

giphy

giphy%20(14)

@holeout was also the first person to offer me a straight up putter trade on the course (if he didn’t have tournaments coming up). If we’re not surrounding ourselves with this kind of golf degeneracy, what are we even doing here?!

#SHAFUAlifestyle

5 Likes

Speaking for @anon81973724 here, but I am sure he and I would carpool up up for something like this next summer/fall perhaps. Sounds like a blast. @scuff could jump in too.

2 Likes

I can only remember the soft hands part of shafua. Help.

“soft hands and a fck-you attitude”

HE LIVES! How is the little one??

2 Likes

Playing with @TCRBrad tomorrow to pop his Refugee cherry

2 Likes