Which Refugees Have You Played With? (and can you remember where?)

I’ve played with @DonaldRay.

5 Likes

:furiously looks to see who has played with @endangeredspiethies:

and possibly a “carmen sandiego” style map as to where these meetings took place

1 Like

yes. each intersecting point on the spreadsheet would be a unique number, and that number would serve as the plot point on the map!

1 Like

@matthew823 so far (I think we both shot very boring rounds of 74), goes without saying, but anybody in those places with winters, look us up if you come down to the Phoenix / Scottsdale area

Push pins in each location, with red yarn connecting each point.
I think we’ve got something here…

2 Likes

:disappointed:

1 Like

I’d kill to shoot a boring 74.

4 Likes

haha, right?

1 Like

10 Likes

@Lazstradamus, @anon68983737, @Hwhite, @Kelch, @stickforekids - multiple courses around LA
@djpie - Goat Hill & The Summit par 3
@redbeard_golf, @anon47037505, @Snellspace, @TexasWedge - Murphy Creek, CO

5 Likes

@enriquedlcm - Rustic Canyon & Pasatiempo c/o @BeenMacKenzied
@McSchvantz - The Summit & Pasatiempo

@scuff - was my roommate at The Summit but did not actually play together except the putting contest

Update: didn’t realize @bmb430 but we were partners at the Golfer’s Journal event at Goat Hill last year.

PS - this is directed at McSchvantz: in between diaper changes can you make it so we can tag more than 10 people?

4 Likes

@Brick at Old Memorial and Glen Echo
@2down at Old Memorial
@TehMe at Glen Echo (waiting to play some pickup ball with him too)
@wjames at Glen Echo
The one and only @jaygrizzle at Glen Echo

Have met but not played with @JDinDelray

All lovely people, 10/10 would play again

6 Likes

@Jrgray24 & @smallz0r Both a couple of lurkers, but have played all over Iowa with them

2 Likes

GHIN tells me I shot 77. If memory serves I did so with three birdies and a double, which isn’t exactly psycho scorecard but isn’t totally boring, either. I was pretty damn happy with that round, notwithstanding the ugly shank-fueled double bogey on 15.

74 would have been one of my best rounds of the year, boring or not. I don’t go sub-75 much anymore.

But I very much second the call for anyone who comes visiting the Valley to give a shot. My wife is always encouraging me to get out of the house and meet people so when she asks, “Why are you playing golf this weekend?” and I can answer, “I was invited by a group of guys,” it makes it go over way, way better.

4 Likes

@Jrgray24 & @smallz0r Both a couple of lurkers, but have played all over Iowa with them

And rarely won

My list so far:
@anon82308049 (Swope Memorial GC, Hillcrest CC)
@tsweat345 (Swope Memorial GC, Eagle Bend GC)
@sundaybag (Hillcrest CC, BCN)
@threeputtking (Hillcrest CC)
@alexfromkansas (Swope Memorial GC)
@TomCoyne (Heart of America GC, Swope Memorial GC, BCN)

5 Likes

Wow. How could I forget @TomCoyne.

Looking forward to adding a bunch to my list in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

It’s called a correlation grid. It’d be best with little boxes colored in for who you have played with. You might be able to get away with doing three colors - something like US, Europe, Australia.

1 Like

Thank you!

thats exactly what i was looking for.

1 Like