Where Would You Work/Live Remotely?

If your company allowed you to work remotely for the next 5 years… and you could pick up your life, live anywhere, and money wasn’t an issue…

Where would you live?

And this has to be completely golf centric… so your decision would have to be influenced on the golf in the area.

So like you work for free and live on the streets?

4 Likes

Lol no, just think if you could live anywhere and you weren’t hampered by not having the money to move somewhere.

St Andrews and it isn’t close

14 Likes

I know, only giving you a little grief…I think you’re looking for “money wasn’t an issue”

3 Likes

Does Europe count?

If so, would give serious consideration to Ireland or Scotland.

If domestic only, probably NC sandhills area.

3 Likes

New Zealand.

11 Likes

I’m ready to move an hour south to Pinehurst

10 Likes

Ireland

Wife would get paid really well and it would be easy for me to jump between Canada and Germany for general work stuff.

…and golf.

St. Andrews or Santa Barbara

3 Likes

My heart says Ireland or Scotland, but living in Monterrey Peninsula with unlimited access to Cypress and Pebble plus perfect weather might be too hard to pass up.

5 Likes

In a perfect world (see: single) I think I’d go with a domestic nomadic lifestyle (something like Matt Cardis) and get a nice rig / sprinter and just go from destination to destination playing great golf…

If I had to pick a spot to call home for 5 years, and $ truly wasn’t an issue…I’d probably go Monterrey area

4 Likes

I’m trying to come up with a reason to not use St. Andrews… I feel like the only thing close would be Edinburgh, as you’d still have fairly easy access to St. Andrews (obviously not daily), but then also everything in East Lothian.

Along the same lines, I could easily do:

• Bandon
  • Pinehurst
  • Inverness, Scotland
  • Melbourne
  • Just about anywhere in western Ireland, let’s go with Galway
7 Likes

International: Either Dublin or London (Need my Premier League)

Domestic: Probably somewhere in Oregon because of Bandon. I also love that state and all of the outdoor activities.

1 Like

Oh shit Melbourne might be the right call here. More courses than Monterrey.

1 Like

No kids like the situation we are currently in would be a snowbird situation, having more responsibilities requiring more sedentary life make that harder and I would have to pick San Diego for domestic and New Zealand or Australia if we can go international.

2 Likes

Southern Spain.

2 Likes

Hawaii has some pretty good golf…

1 Like

My top choices are England (Surrey) or Scotland (East Lothian). I’d also settle for Melbourne.

I could very easily do my work from the UK. I also would love to expose my children to life in another country.

3 Likes

Those would all be outstanding choices