Where my Chicagoland NLU'ers at?

Cantigny, Village Links of Glen Ellyn, Preserve at Oak Meadows, Prairie Landing are solid west suburb courses, depending on where you’ll be.

Prairie Landing looks nice, gonna give it a go. Thanks

Heading out to Mt Prospect real early this weekend, seeing posts regarding carts, is it walker friendly? And I’m leaving my shirt at home.

City note: Glad they’ve been working on Marovitz, Black bunkers, however, it seems they’ve been using playground sand lately to fill. Nothing but fried eggs and heavy saves.

It is walker friendly but the carts actually helped a lot for my first time.

Went to White Pines looking for a cheap round in the burbs. No course for that price/quality needs to be that difficult. I couldn’t wrap my head around going from a few basic park style holes to a 190 hard par 3 over trouble with trees covering half your tee shot. Was also surprised how shitty the range was given they are the winter dome go to.

Meanwhile, Cantigny continues to just be a delightful experience. This time of year you can get a late tee time for >$80 and finish with plenty of light out.

+1 for Cantigny. Love that place.

That par 3 at White Pines is so brutal, especially for a fader like myself.

Glad you knew what I was referencing with the tree on the left. Both over water are pretty rough too.

I work in the AON center and was thinking today about how there used to be a course in River east/Maggie Daily park. I for the life of me cant find but more than a couple photos of it. Knowing how commercialized and redone this area is, isn’t it insane that there was a course right here?

I will be there the 24th. We are probably gonna hit up Cog Hill no. 4 and Glen Club. Is that a good itinerary? It will be a quick work trip so not much time.

Crazy. Thanks for sharing. Do you know how long it lasted.

I used to work in the Aon Center too. Over on the NW side of the loop now.

I work right across the river from that spot. They took it away in 2005 or potentially in early 2006.