Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

is this like a superintendent’s revenge type thing where the pins are in impossible spots? love those

2 Likes
  1. That’s an AWESOME graphic
  2. That’s also why I LOVE playing 9 and 18…helping wind off the right means “full send” off the tee
2 Likes

Yes it is Big Cups as well so it makes things very interesting! 1 of the guys in our group has played in it before and he said a couple of the pins we will want to miss the green and try and chip in instead of putting. Really looking forward to it and I think the winds should make it really really fun!

1 Like

Winds get a little more trickier on this side of 94. You can see the lake push from the northwest.

Akshually the prevailing wind during the golf season is from the south. Although it’s notable how evenly split it is from all 4 cardinal directions. I think you just really notice it on #4 more than anywhere (#14 notwithstanding).

1 Like

you’re absolutely right that you notice it more when you’re into the wind on #4 and downwind on #14

I usually play driver on the hole. Is that not the play?

The wind whips around the landfill next to the hole and always makes it play into it. I’ve played there a few times where the temp has dropped a lot walking from 4 green, around the corner to 5 tee.

2 Likes

you’re absolutely right that you notice it more when you’re into the wind on #4 and downwind on #14

You also really notice it when playing into the wind on #14. It plays >700 yards.

The wind whips around the landfill next to the hole and always makes it play into it. I’ve played there a few times where the temp has dropped a lot walking from 4 green, around the corner to 5 tee.

weebeyface.gif

1 Like

That’s my go-to! A little cutty driver to the middle of the green. Honestly…a 4 there is basically par.

I know I’m a psycho but I love that hole at Lost Marsh just for the fact of having to explain to people what they can or should do off the tee.

1 Like

Popped over to Arrowhead yesterday for a last minute twilight walk. For anyone who hasn’t been out there yet this year, it is in beautiful shape. It’s typically well maintained but for this late in the year, especially so. The greens are like absolute glass right now. Worth the trip if anyone in the city is looking for a new course to trek out to.

8 Likes

Let me know if you’re there and ever looking for a fourth/playing partner, my office is right down the street, always looking for a reason to cut out early.

3 Likes

@ChiFFI @abefroman @VenkmansLament
Making sure one of you saw the post where I said I wasn’t making it…

1 Like

Will do. I’m across the street, in the Arrowhead neighborhood. Having now said that, it is embarrassing how little I’ve gotten over there this year. For anyone who has yet to make this mistake, don’t have kids 18 months apart, if you want to play golf after having children.

1 Like

Beer people on this thread - have you also signed up your friends and family in like three different Bourbon County lotteries yet?

Also, has anyone checked out the Revolution Deth’s Tar lineup for this year?? Maple and cherry variants are going to be sweet. I’ve already got the Rye Deth they put out a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Yeah, we’re good!

3 Likes

Yep, all good.

2 Likes

Me too. Teeing off before 8. Hoping the heavy stuff doesn’t start til the back side.

1 Like

Dude, next week? 9 at 4:30?

1 Like

I’m right down the street we should get out there next week

1 Like