Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Me to my wife: “I’m going to play Olympia Fields on Thursday with some guys I met online.”

My wife: “This sounds like a scam.”

Me: “I can’t argue with that.”

Occasionally the internet is good.

21 Likes

ROLL DAMN PIGGIES!

And coming from Rockford, Blackstone should definitely be on your list. Whisper Creek is also a pretty easy commute down 90

Also, whoever got the M charcoal diamond knit H&B sweater off the mannequin in the pro shop before my round was over, there’s a special place in hell for your selfishness.

Kidding. Nice score.

2 Likes

It wasn’t me but I heard the clerk say you were going to be mad lol

1 Like

Played both of them already! Great suggestions though!

1 Like

I just know that I birdied 18, rest of the round is in the police report

Thanks again @TheAbeFroman!

4 Likes

Sweetens and The Birdhouse next summer…

7 Likes

Ideally it takes 10 people to make the Birdhouse worth the cost, per my quick glances at the site and back of napkin math.

I’m sure there would be cheap Airbnb options in Chattanooga (the metro area SC is in), but yeah the Birdhouse would be the ultimate play.

Three days and two nights makes the most sense: day one everyone arrives and hopefully gets one loop of Sweetens in with some closest to the pins from the yard tee at night. Day two is all day at Sweetens on a weekend pass. Day three is maybe one loop and than everyone bails. Or 18 at Sewanee - which the internet says is pretty cool too.

This is the shit I think about when I should be either grading or doing work for my masters.

cc: @notorious83

5 Likes

3 Likes

June 2021, maybe?

4 Likes

Would for sure be in for a Sweetens trip

3 Likes

3 Likes

@EConroy419 I knew you were the dude to take this from a half baked idea over beers at Cog to basically… we’re going.

Thank you for your service

It isn’t “Birdhouse or Bust” for me personally, but I think it would be sick. I really want to see Sweetens, especially after I asked @Ballgame about it and he smirked, gave me a little nod, and said “The hype is real.”

Let’s make this happen. I’d be happy to help in anyway I can.

4 Likes

Also in and willing to help!

2 Likes

Thanks, man. Ideally it’ll be in June, either the weekend before or after Father’s Day. I think the rate is hiked for Father’s Day like any golf course ever.

Would be a Friday to Sunday trip - that way everyone’s only taking one day off work. We’d all be leaving at the ass crack of dawn to make a twilight one nine tho. I would prefer to keep it in June because I have a bachelor party in Michigan the following month and I can only make this teaching salary go so far.

5 Likes

I am also very interested in this

2 Likes

Obviously there’s a lot of time here so this idea will be thoroughly kept on the back burner. I’ll inquire with the NLU guys when the best time to book the Birdhouse will be. I’m sure Tron will love us Chicago folk making him do work. My guess is March/April?

If I remember right, Sweetens all-day passes book up quickly so if you’re looking at a trip within the next 4-6 months, it might make sense to get a feel for that at this point.

Count me 50/50 if we’re looking at early spring.

2 Likes

We’d be doing mid-June

1 Like

If there’s a COVID solution by then, I’m in.

1 Like