Where my Chicagoland NLU'ers at?

I want to thank everyone for coming out today! Had an absolute blast hosting and learned a lot about hosting events…1) how google sheets works and 2) how much bigger we can do it next year. Why stop at 18 holes?

@EConroy419, his dad, and @dgkent were a ton of fun. Think the highlight for me was on #3 when @dgkent dropped a 50ft putt from the back of the green while I putted it off the green from half the distance.

@Hala-Mark-Rey unfortunately we couldn’t hang around to be entertained by Georgia…this time. Trigger continues to live the life I want to live.

@jimithng23 We have now been to several of the same outings and never played together. Unacceptable. Also, one day you will tag the right Sausage King.

15 Likes

I am confirmed out. You’re next.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

21 Likes

My ball came to rest for over a minute on the front of 13 (iirc). As I bent over to mark it, the wind pushed it down the hill to the exact spot where I’d just hit from.

Was someone in the 11:30 group taking pictures? On the 15th tee, I saw someone with a camera so I posed extra hard. Disregard that the ball ended up in the hazard and I made 6.

@chockfullofthat

In fairness you hit a bomb and got a shit bounce.

1 Like

Also the key to #14 is to mentally miss the drive in the creek to the right knowing you are hitting 3 to an uphill pin from 190 out that requires a cut around a tree to an enormous false front

Bryson drove it over the whole valley. So that’s another way to play the hole

4 Likes

Give me access to his pharmacist and I’m golden (seriously, how has no one outside of Brooks called out his obvious juicing?.. stepping off my soapbox).

1 Like

jimithng regrets the error, both ways.

Let’s remedy this. Soon.

2 Likes

I mean, this was so sick. The ball covered probably 50% of the green and still rolled off. The best part was you walking right by it as it was rolling off and not even knowing it was happening.

8 Likes

“Is that my ball?”

As it rolls down the hill 50 yards.

6 Likes

What about @ChiFFI? Looks like we tied.

You get tiebreaker for low gross.

1 Like

That was @TCRBrad taking photos

2 Likes

If Covid didn’t cancel 2 trips with the wife combined with me taking 2 golf trips already… divorce sounds expensive. Any year but this.

Having played the Jax Beach muni (and shooting under my handi first go), big rec and missed opportunity.

1 Like

Counting how many more guys have to decline before I get the nod.

7 Likes

Also, @Hawkeye89 has serious speed. Dude can mash it

3 Likes

Appreciate it, @happykamper. Decided to take the Bryson philosophy today with some bomb and gauge.

Great time with you and @4ParsAtLahinch. Look forward to getting out with this group again.

When I made the Bryson joke on the first tee about the group in front of us being 330, I didn’t realize that you probably could’ve rolled up on them haha

Hope @CrunchyBear’s 2nd 18 went well and undetected by the staff. When you get it rolling on the back, you can’t stop.

Hey guys - newish to the refuge but always looking for new people to play with near the city. 29 years old, corporate desk jockey, don’t own a car but willing to pay my weight in booze. OFCC looked like a great time, would love to get on the course a few more times before the season is over.

3 Likes