Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

You have no idea how many questions I have for that dog

5 Likes

Excited I played well today except hole 2. Drove it into a fairway bunker, thinned it 20 feet into a buried thick bunker rough lie, popped it backward into the bunker, thinned it again 40 feet into the rough and salvaged a triple. Thank gawd I played well from the sand from then on and putted like I knew what I was doing to my surprise. My strategy was to give the greens a whole lot of respect. Take the two putt and walk to the next tee box.

The 18 holes absolutely flew by. Major shout out to the gui who gave me a Luna bar on the last par 3 tee box. I was so excited I forgot to eat lunch and I was about to go down for the count after taking a couple Vicodins for a muscle strain and enjoying a beverage or two. That Luna bar absolutely saved my ass, I was becoming miserable. @BadBrad is quite a baller, flighted irons for days. @TCRBrad is a great dude who was fun to watch scramble. Hit a legendary 3 wood stinger on 4 haha. Thanks again Jon!

8 Likes

I’ll just say this here and I’m sure y’all will understand where I’m coming from:

Willie Park Jr is an absolute menace. 100something years later and the guy still kicks my ass…

11 Likes

True story, Trigger told me he smoked weed in college while listening to Tupac and Biggie.

5 Likes

I’ve got the slow-mo video if you want me to send it let me know where.

We have our results…

By a narrow margin, @BadBrad defeated your’s truly. Brad - let us know if you will be accepting the invite to the NIT. cc: @randy

@ChiFFI and @Ballgame tied for 3rd.

7 Likes

Neat.

4 Likes

I realized I had never typed that out before and I had no idea the right way to do it. Still don’t.

Should’ve gotten a degree in the dictionary.

3 Likes

I didn’t come here to play school.

4 Likes

@JBors as a player outside the nest I have to decline the invite. Next year I plan to be fully nested for a chance at the NIT title

1 Like

Well…it passes to me then. I’m 95% sure I cannot attend, but will confirm tomorrow morning.

@Ballgame the next spot goes to you with gross low score tiebreaker. After that @ChiFFI.

Are either of you prepared to go?

Btw you can still purchase a nest membership now to be eligible. Would have to do it like…now.

What a fantastic day. Couldn’t have asked for better course, weather, and company @Hawkeye89 @4ParsAtLahinch and other steve. Still can’t keep my drives on the planet on 14-15 for some reason. Those holes psych me out. Had it going pretty good until that Double, quad. Tough scene. Thanks a ton to Jon for hosting!

2 Likes

Ditto everyone else in thanking @TheAbeFroman for having the group out today to OFCC. Had a great afternoon and I really enjoyed playing with @happykamper and @Hawkeye89

Would love to join the Canal Shores event but I think that I need to take my 6th grader to a hockey tournament in MI that weekend. Have a great time.

There should be a few nice weeks left until the weather gets cold, hope everyone gets in several more rounds this fall.

Looking forward to joining many Chicagoland Refuge events in the future.

Good luck in the NIT to our two Chicago players. Look forward to seeing you guys in the video that the NLU boys will create to document the event.

4ParsatLahinch

6 Likes

I will still defer the bid. Don’t want to take a members spot on those kind of terms. I still plan on being nested for next years events

3 Likes

That’s TC Way if I’ve ever seen it.

5 Likes

Great day guis.

Thanks @theabefroman again for the experience.

Tired now, more tomorrow.

@JBors, you going to Jax now?

Have to talk to wife but most likely no.

Are you able to go?