Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

not familiar with the predator drone?

1 Like

Oddly enough, that’s also @VenkmansLament’s nickname

4 Likes

my brain only remembered the word drone not predator drone. please ignore my idiocy.

On the subject of idiocy, I was freaking out that I lost my tobacco road ball mark at Cog Hill and it was actually on the ground marking my ball.

2 Likes

been there, done that on both counts. still not as bad as @McDuffin who had his back tighten up, laid down to stretch, and lost his Donald Ross ball mark. Pretty sure he owes one of you a beer or three for the recovery efforts.

1 Like

I lost my wallet in my bag at Warren course early with year with @Slips. Odd thing is it turned up right after he bought the beers. Found it jammed at the bottom of my bag by the grips.

10 Likes

@kmcswain As you saw it falling out of my pocket and didn’t say a thing, maybe I’ll “borrow” your wallet for that thank you beer

Man Warren Course is the one that got away this year that I really planned on seeing but didn’t get to. Next spring for sure.

2 Likes

The timing was verrryyyyy convenient…the trick was so good that I even looked through the garbage can off the 10th tee for the sausage king’s wallet

3 Likes

I remember. Hole 9…and then I shot a 9

1 Like

Hey everyone - I’ll be posting quota results from the event today sometime tonight. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

That was a day I will not soon forget. @jbors scrambled from everywhere and carded 3 circles, I believe the only ones in our group (and nearly aced 16). A lot of fun watching him play golf today.

It was a pleasure to finally meet and play with @jimithng23 . His game is as gentlemanly as he is and his score, while very respectable, didn’t adequately reflect the quality of his play. I think given a second chance out there, he’d do some real damage.

@Tomdevito was the Maverick to my Goose. We played some very good cart golf today and shepherded each other through some difficult times. We both felt very bad for what we put Victor the Ball Reclaimer through.

Thank you one last time to @TheAbeFroman for putting this all together. Pretty cool day, man.

Hope to see as many of you as possible at Canal Shores on Nov 7.

Stay tuned for The Boxcar in 2021.

(Cc @tcrbrad @slips: i played out of like, 4 bunkers this time)

12 Likes

It was an absolute pleasure missing four footers and talking about strategies to loosen up a stiff back with @kmcswain @McDuffin and @Slips today. @TheAbeFroman an absolute class act for having us.

7 Likes

Absolute pleasure playing you and @Slips (showing off on 14) as well

@TheAbeFroman thanks again as well definitely a blast!

6 Likes

I hate 14. 6 over the two times I’ve played it.

5 Likes

Had a memorable 5 on 14. Perfect drive, fat 6 iron into the creek wall, lob wedge to 8 feet, buried the putt. What a cool hole. Found 3 pro v1s too on it lol.

2 Likes

What a great day. Very thankful @TheAbeFroman was able to host us all and let my dad tag along. Definitely the best golf day we’ve both had since our family reunion vacation to Ireland a few summers ago.

Also, who would’ve thought the 20hcp I built on munis does not translate to the pro venues??

11 Likes

Love that you got this–I’ll have the memory of that drive during the winter. Glad you didn’t get the next shot…the 14th hole lives rent free in my head. Truly. Absolute pleasure playing with you, @kmcswain, and @BabblingBrooksKoepka on a picture perfect day even though we couldn’t make any putts!

Mucho thanks to the sausage king for dealing with a bunch of headaches so he could host all of his hoodrat friends! Perfect way to close the book on my time as a Chicago golfer.

5 Likes

Just an unreal day out at OF. Big thanks to THE Sausage King for hosting. Had a blast playing with @Mattk and @PhilsSignedGlove and our Sherpa Geoff. I knocked down a 50 foot birdie putt on #1 then spent the next 17 holes admiring the foliage.

7 Likes

Ok guis who played OFCC today. I have just TWO questions for you all:

1. Who had the privilege of meeting Georgia? :slight_smile:

2. Any Trigger sightings?

1 Like

I saw the man (dog) himself riding in a cart early on the front and saw him frolicking through a fairway at one point on the back. That dog has the life.

7 Likes