Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Guest. We’d get you back of course for your troubles, but I’m a single now if we can shuffle players.

1 Like

Everyone check their email for the final message from me. Thank god this planning shit is over.

8 Likes

Totally bummed but totally respect your decision.

Paths will cross again soon!

1 Like

We appreciate your efforts.

3 Likes

I totally forgot to say in the email but we’re playing the white tees from 6200ish yards. You’ll see it when you get logged into 18 Birdies.

19th hole will be open but we can only use the forward tee, just got an email from CH

4 Likes

WAR. AT. THE. SHORES.

Just submitted the new thread, but IT’S HAPPENING.

"Hi Brad,

To reserve the course for the day we’d need to charge you $1,500, all walking, no golf carts. If this price works, I can draw up an agreement and email it over to you. As far as playing the Reverse Jans routing, I think we can make that work too. I would just need to have some spotters here to be sure we’re safe. Let me know what you think, and we can go from there."

12 Likes

LFG!

sentence

2 Likes

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

4 Likes

Everybody please check their emails for the final one from me, sent it out around this time last night. We’re up to $310 total in the pot - any math people in this thread can figure out the 85/15 amounts.

Please have 18 Birdies on your phones with your handicap entered tonight so you’re ready to go in the morning. Tournament code is 2502.

Have fun, play fast, and play well tomorrow. Hope to see you all around 19 green for some socially distanced beers.

4 Likes

Most hungover young man in Chicago this morning. Anything from 74-104 in play. Can’t wait!!!

8 Likes

Babbling Brooks Koepka was a great time :joy::joy::joy: knew he was in trouble when he grabbed those wedding chairs. Luckily I broke even with him betting on the putts on the 19th

3 Likes

Had a blast today. Can’t say enough how good my guy @BadBrad is. One under with a three putt par!

@jimithng23 turned it the fuck on at the end. Just crafty all around and put on a putting clinic.

And finally @PinkPantser who golfed the hell out of his ball and wiped the floor with me in match play. Solid in every facet of the game today.

6 Likes

I’d bet that you hold onto that title tomorrow morning as well.

6 Likes

Proxy winners:

Long Drive
#3 VenkmansLament
#18 @SpartyArmst

KP
#4 Steve Katz
#14 @TrajMahal

Shout out to my group for playing the worst golf and having the best time

11 Likes

I had a great time today! You guys were an awesome group.

4 Likes

@ChiFFI said something about playing a course “baked out today.” It just dawned on me he was talking about the golf course. Now that I know that, and to bring my own chair, with that knowledge I can’t wait to hit a few more sober shots next year!

3 Likes

@JAD, @BabblingBrooksKoepka, and @OliverLinks all tied for low gross with +4 and win $18 a piece. @BabblingBrooksKoepka should go down as the Chicago Refuge Steve Bartman for his display on 19 green. (As a true Cub fan I would not be saying that if my buddy’s putt didn’t viciously lip out/AGonz didn’t boot that ball at short).

@JAD wins the low net (2003 NLCS) and claims $306. Congrats, dude.

Great hangs today gentlemen, see most of you at Olympia Fields.

9 Likes

Play whatever the course calls for that day.

I win closest to the hole on #19 if anyone wants to Venmo me pity dollars…much appreciated. I will note that I used a 6 iron off the tee box instead of a wedge from the rough.

2 Likes

Great times today. Thanks for having me, Chicago Refugees.

I sure wish we could’ve hung out a bit after the event, properly socially distanced and masked, to meet one another and participate in all the shenanigans that come along with that, f*#k COVID.

@JBors, @BadBrad, @PinkPantser great playing with y’all today. Shot making was made, sauce was dripped. Clubs were twirled and sheathed. Good day.

Looking forward to next week at OF!

7 Likes