Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Walked 18 at Sunset Valley over the weekend. Got destroyed by the wind on several holes but enjoyed it nonetheless. It has some Mt. Prospect vibes going for it

I thought 1/7/8/9 on the front and 16/17/18 on the back were solid

1 Like

I see you also played Saturday… It was rough everywhere I suppose.

SV is just all around solid and a good deal. Can’t say too many holes really stand out for me good or bad. The only problem I have with it is that it’s overly punishing of the Big Left Miss. Water left on 1, 12, 16, and 17. OB left on 2, 3, 9, 13, 14, and 15. And a couple other holes where bail out right off the tee is a much better option than missing left. I honestly think playing it too often messed up my swing. I got really good at never missing left off the tee and I developed a nasty slice.

2 Likes

I second Glen Club.

I love how #8 sets up off the tee. Really pleasing to the eye.

1 Like

As someone who has never been able to cure my slice, Sunset Valley has been a revelation this year. Ironically, I kept myself from shooting my low round of the year there on Sunday night by missing left for the first time all day . . . straight into the pond left on 17. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Girlfriend was giving me a hard time about the cart cover that has been sitting in the garage, unused, for two years. Looks like it will be making its debut on Saturday.

3 Likes

I’m breaking out the layers and some high ABV stouts I have sitting in the cabinet for the added warmth.

You all really couldn’t vote for any of the September dates? Don’t you know October around here is an absolute crapshoot with weather?? /sarcasm

2 Likes

Ohhh come on now it’s PERFECT Ryder Cup weather out. Looking forward to picking apart Ravines while pretending to club twirl EVERYTHING

3 Likes

I guess I wondered if we had a stance on carts vs pushcart/carry.
I was going to pushcart (I know its a hike there).

I also can bring a thing or two to fill the “coffee tumblers.”

Are we really complaining about 57 degrees in early October? Y’all really have gone soft since April.

7 Likes

Pretending?!

I’m gonna drip sauce all over while firing a silky 96, full of hat-tips and thumbs-up’s

2 Likes

Just a (not so) quick refresher for everyone on proper etiquette.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the blog post that started it all, for me.

It’s hilarious to go back and read this and realize that, indeed, we (read: me) do these things as jokes on a regular basis now.

2 Likes

Fair point - as a lefty fighting the big right miss, 4 is the only one I can think of that has water/OB right off the tee. It wouldn’t be as fun for my roommate who struggles with going left.

My weather app is expecting 45 degrees around my tee time.

I am going to walk in every putt. It will look cool maybe once if I am lucky.

3 Likes

Warm-ups and the first couple holes will be chilly. Won’t be bad once we get moving. Better than getting boned in the wind last Saturday.

1 Like

Since you’re my pardsy, those putts are dropping. Sauce will be oozing in our wake as we walk from green to tee.

Can we institute a local rule for this event where if you don’t walk in a made putt it’s an immediate recall?

3 Likes

ALL IN for that

1 Like