Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

didn’t realize where Black was (thought it would take too long for me to get there from logan square), i’ll be interested in the next one!

1 Like

My vanity handicap is plummeting…do I need to update it? Coming into this tournament playing way too good.

1 Like

It needs to be correct in the 18 birdies app day of would be my guess…

1 Like

So the 278 loops I’m gonna put in at BCN over the weekend aren’t gonna count…

3 Likes

Yes, please do the right thing and don’t be a scumbag.

1 Like

Did you explain it already in the email with how to do it on 18 birdies?

Not yet. The app itself will not calculate your handicap, you need to input it manually. You open it, click “Stats” at the top and then click on where it says handicap.

2 Likes

ooh I like the idea of limiting the loft of club for playing that course - nothing with a lower loft than, say, 23 degrees. Want to hit it far? You gotta dynamically lower that loft babeee

I remember playing there a long time ago before the big headed drivers came out and always struggled with the tee shot on the 9th hole to get it past the corner without blowing it right. Played there once this season and drove it into the greenside bunker :frowning: ball goes too far for that course, you can reach every green except for the first hole.

1 Like

@EConroy419 I’m sure this was said and I apologize for probably repeating, but our we pre paying the $10 for the Oct. 3rd event? If so to whom and how? Thanks

1 Like

Check for an email from Ethan from a day or two ago

Moved out of IL in late '17 and the track I still think about the most is Highlands. Such a fun layout.

2 Likes

Friendly reminder to stay up to date on your emails. Buy in for Cog Hill is $10 to my PayPal at Conroy419@gmail.com by 11:59pm the day before. I will not accept cash the day of.

The day before Cog I will send out an email with the tee sheet, and a brief explanation of how to use 18 Birdies. All live scoring will be handled on the app and you must use it to play the net/gross game.

Nothing’s coming up from you on my PayPal so you might wanna double check your end.

1 Like

took a couple days off work next week looking to play someplace on thursday. early contenders are canal shores, ravisloe, and sunset valley. anybody interested in any of those?

There’s no way I’m winning the long drive or net comp but I’ll play the prox one, unless I’m peer pressured into giving $10 of the net.

some peer pressure to kick things off for you: It’s supposed to be a long shot to win a 48 person net game, live a little!

2 Likes

Ok I’m in

1 Like

Got out to Ravines this past weekend, was even through 7 and then went double, double, double. Still ended up being a pretty decent round, shot 79, which means I’ll probably shoot 90 next weekend. There’s a stretch of holes there in the middle that really punishes even the slightest miss on the wrong side of the fairway, especially if you’re trying to push it farther up the fairway. Course shows very little love for those of us who can’t help but move the ball right to left. There are certainly a few holes where a big draw is useful, but all of the holes where you truly have to move the ball one way or pay a big price, are fade holes. Also, you can’t be above the hole on the 19th. Glad I played it at least once before next weekend, as there are a few holes I will definitely be clubbing down off the tee on. Anyways, that’s my field report.

2 Likes

SICK.

Looking forward to Saturday y’all!

1 Like

"which means I’ll probably shoot 90 next weekend. "

During our match?
Promise?
Just kidding, I hope we both manage to play well. May the best mediocre golfer win!