Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Still got a spot at Black tomorrow at 6:30.

Played Willow Hill in Northbrook for the first time in a few years. it was in terrible shape the last few years but its totally turned around and it was really really fun. 25$ for walking nine. and good views of the city from mount trash-more.!

IMG_1503|375x500

1 Like

Would put Bowes and Highlands far above Stonewall and Makray personally. Haven’t played Sunset Valley yet.

I willll say (as I’ve said before) highlands has some issues with their maintenance of the fescue and whatever death happened to the the second fairway is a big issue.

2 Likes

Btw when are the full details about the two events coming out? When we need to be there etc.

Soon. @EConroy419 just got the tee times from Cog Hill. Look for an email from him regarding tee times and the net/gross game, and then one from me regarding proxies.

1 Like

Has anyone looked into the membership deals at Floosmoor? Had a few friends reach out about their junior membership offers and they haven’t heard back.

Everyone playing Cog should check their email.

2 Likes

If anyone rushes me as the first group off, I will begin to plumb bob putts and walk off yardages.

3 Likes

I’ve got their prospective member packet in my email, dm me your email and I’ll forward it

If you’re going full JB, don’t forget to skip the deodorant in the morning.

2 Likes

I’ll just go ahead and apologize now being in the group behind you

2 Likes

I looked at them earlier this year before deciding to go elsewhere.

There are different tiers of junior membership but 30-34 was roughly $5k downstroke in Year 1, with $1k each following year until you get to $12k. Dues were $500/month + $150 f/b + other various fees.

“Sorry, blind shot on 3, you understand.” “Never drove it this far on 13.”

1 Like

how was it out there this morning at Black? Get any takers to play along?

Anyone playing this weekend? Hoping to get 18 in but not sure where I want to play.

I’ve only played Jackson Park and Marovitz so hoping to mix it up.

@HardEight and I are playing our Chicago Matchplay event during the CH event on the 3rd. We’re bringing up the rear of all the tee times, so anyone interested in heckling us on the way in, here’s your heads up.

2 Likes

If you say so, hoss.

6 Likes

5 Likes

LATE BREAKING NEWS: The cash prize pot for the gross/net game will be split as follows - 85% going to low net, 15% for low gross. As it was pointed out to me, only a few guys will actually be competitive for the low gross and those few will ultimately be super competitive in the net division. Plus this gives our low net winner some cash to get out to Jax. Thanks to @PinkPantser for the advice.

Expect an email from me Friday morning next week about how to get signed in for the tournament on 18 Birdies.

3 Likes

We had a solid threesome, skins and carried over from 2 to 7, tight match. Black is improving by the month - while they punched and sanded yesterday, looks like the greens may have been in good shape.
Proposal for future Black meetups - no drivers allowed, maybe no 3WDs and make it real interesting.

3 Likes