Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Time to work on my tunnel-punch shot and over-road flop shots.

Damn straight. Don’t forget the crosswalk bump-and-run!

November 14th or 15th looks like a winner since the Bears game is on Monday night AND the course will be able to play in both directions without anyone getting hurt (ie: The civilians that walk the grounds with their doggos and such). I know it’s a SUPER time crunch, but I think we can get a decent group of people together for this.

that’s masters weekend…

5 Likes

AAAANNNNDDDDD this will not be the weekend of the 14th lol

Working it out with @slick_willy still, trying to make sure our schedules line up…but rest assured we’re working hard to make this happen.

5 Likes

Take whatever you need off the tee to find the short stuff. Wild tee shots will be the death of you. Fescue when i played a tourney was hip high so there was no chance so idk if its really playable rn.

1 Like

I’m in love with this idea, especially at the Shores. Weekend before Thanksgiving possibly?

1 Like

Working on scheduling, but in that window yessir!
Figure we could get about 40 people to set up a full day of golf + a solid donation to Canal Shores

2 Likes

Assuming that Wisconsinites are allowed, I would make the trek down for this.

2 Likes

1000% yes. An open event for sure :slight_smile:

We’ll start a separate thread once a date is confirmed

2 Likes

This will be a perfect way for my fiancee to probably kill me right before the holidays, making it much less stressful overall… :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

It’s a solid strategy to direct all of the wife’s anger at myself during the holidays.

I can handle it, then she can complain about me instead of other people.

2 Likes

A formal invite (DM) has been extended to Max if he happens to be in suburban Chicago in a few weeks. His job will be to stand at the 19th tee and mercilessly roast our swings.

3 Likes

Has it? Like, there’s a 0.5% chance he’d say yes I feel.

thats-the-joke

No, I mean we should literally invite him b/c there’s a chance he might come.

If you feel like you can get him to join us, by all means give it a shot! For what it’s worth he did like my tweet about him sitting by the 19th tee.

Supplier sales guy has been pestering me about getting off golfing. What public course would you play in this map, costs not an issue?

It’s HoE, right? Never played Sunset Valley though…

2 Likes

For me it would be between HOE, Bowes Creek, and Stonewall Orchard.

1 Like

Stonewall Orchard or Makray Memorial! Slightly biased since I worked for both courses in the last few years lol.

However Schaumburg CC’s new renovations are really nice.

1 Like

Glen Club - never played but has caught my eye

3 Likes