Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

All good, man.

Thanks for the Mt. Prospect shoutout on the pod. I’m a local there and play it a few times a month. It went from being a kinda run of the mill muni to one of the best in the Chicago area.

4 Likes

Don’t feel too bad. My kid peed just off the side of the soccer field at practice the other day in front of a bunch of parents. Not my proudest moment as a parent.

2 Likes

At least we know he takes after his father!

2 Likes

Freddie was right. That is funny.

17 Likes

5 Likes

I got nothing on Odyssey. Kinda looks like muni Bolingbrook vibes from the flyover. https://www.odysseygolffoundation.org/course/flyover/

1 Like

“Don’t put it out with your boots, Ted!”

3 Likes

Peace offering of a Chicago Handshake (shot of Malort and an Old Style) with Superdawg?

2 Likes

I think the biggest problem Chalet has now is Foxford is just a better course all around. It’s hard for good players and not deadly for high handicappers like Chalet is.
Chalet Hills has been in a steady decline since Foxford opened.

Freddie was spot on. That’s hysterical.

2 Likes

Hey PTM, i would highly be interested in that 9 hole league. Grew up in Mchenry and Live on the outskirts of Ingleside right now.

BVinny couldn’t agree with you more about Chalet. Plus Chalet has never done anything to grow the game for kids. And now they don’t even have a range to warm up. The course just doesn’t give the golfer a place to miss. Most shots need to be pure or your dropping or re hitting

1 Like

Speaking without hard facts (I mean, that’s what we do here), I’d also guess that IL may have been one of the last if not last to open golf restrictions. We couldn’t book an event/outing until much later per regulations, and then courses had to decide to take them once open.
Glad Chicagoland is under consideration for the NIT.

1 Like

My family hosts a charity outing every year and the past few times they’ve held it at Chalet. I cannot imagine a worse course to send a bunch of drunk nongolfers onto. Even as a 10 you’re still going to feel like you got your dick kicked in for 4.5 hours

Yeah, that’s the worst place to do that.
Is it just that much cheaper than anywhere else, or does someone just like the abuse?

Alright, talked to the big guy and count on at least 1 spot for each of the two events. Will work on more if we can swing it, but can guarantee one going to each winner.

14 Likes

Thanks, TC and @Randy. My apologies for the inconvenience. Next year I’ll contact Mt. Prospect and you guys in a timeframe that actually makes sense.

Looking forward to sending a representative of the most dysfunctional local Refuge thread to the NIT!

7 Likes

Love it! Grass roots lobbying really works sometimes!

Finally found the right picture to describe my feeling of reading this message this morning.

I released my first hour class from their virtual lesson, fire up the Refuge, and see Tron’s post

6 Likes

@Tron Listen, EC regrets the error

2 Likes