Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I need to get out of the house, just weighing the risk/reward of family desertion.

2 Likes

I’ve got two spots open for 910am at Jackson park tomorrow morning if anyone’s looking for a game, lemme know

2 Likes

I’m in. Is it already booked?

1 Like

Already booked, yup, spots yours :+1:

One left

1 Like

Can’t believe theres not more people chomping at the bit to play the gem of the Chicago park district on this fine Dec morning :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Hey crew-

It’s officially prepping for Mudness SZN at my house.

Going to do a small bespoke procurement of some merch this year, and a t-shirt fundraiser. You can sign up below.

We may also do levelwear but the NLU guis haven’t confirmed anything yet.

More details here:
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/march-mudness-part-deux-kankakee-il-2022-march-27/42122/565?u=teddypargame

2 Likes

Woodstock area members. Is this a course or someones house just south of Plum Tree. I found 6/7 greens on gogle maps

5 Likes

Can’t golf all year if you don’t play in january.

1 Like
8 Likes

Anyone else playing in the Arlington Lakes Chilly Open on 1/15? We have a group of eight signed up for that one.

Illuminati. Also I think Sammy Hagar hit the first tee shot there.

3 Likes

@PTM has it right.

Bunker Hill Farms is a cool thing started by a guy that sold the online concert ticket company he started in his dorm room to Ticketmaster for a A LOT OF MONEY.
I don’t know how much, but it’s enough to say it in capital letters.
Pretty cool property. I kinda know his brother and have been out to the place a couple times.
Mostly use it for corporate and charity things. They do a couple concerts out there every year with some big nostalgia bands and country stuff. I saw Styx out there a couple years ago.
They do an obstacle course run deal out there called Muddy Bunker .
Course is a multiple choice layout. I think it’s 6 or 7 greens like you said, but there’s a bunch of tee areas that to play to multiple greens, so there’s a lot of ways to play.
I’m pretty sure the course was done by a local landscaper outfit. Pretty sure I saw Ilt Vignocchi on a sign out there.
I’ve toured the course but never played it.
I’ll reach out.

5 Likes

I pride myself on saying that I’ve played every course in McHenry county at least 5 times and I had no idea this existed wow

3 Likes

Explains Cheap Trick on the website.

4 Likes

Quick. McHenry Country top 5.

Blackstone
BVGC
Foxford Hills
Prairie Isle
Oak Grove

3 Likes

I did reach out several years ago asking for a twosome for a birthday gift. Did not get a response.

1 Like

In no specific order and strictly opinion based:

BVGC (Minus holes 4, 6, 9 tee shot, and 13)
Cary Country Club (professionally known as Triple C)
Blackstone
McHenry CC
The combination of holes 5, 6, 7, 12, and 14 of Chalet Hills and holes 4, 8, 14, 15, and 17 of Foxford Hills to create Foxlet Hills Golf Course (pronounced faaks-ley)

3 Likes

3 Likes

Only played once but it’s a decent course with some good holes. But also some boring ones, and too many trees…

Insultingly high public greens fees and membership cost tho.

Using satellite technology to get to the bottom of things. Love it.

3 Likes