Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

I do like the Second City GC idea. Logo could just be the NLU wayward logo with the Chicago flag.

3 Likes

Agree here. I think if you have a more general name, you could pick all these specific ideas for merch designs, event themes, etc.

5 Likes

as someone who came up with a lot of bad fantasy-football inspired names, i agree.

The Chicago Outfit (need to work on merch ideas here)
Second City Golf Club

i believe the comic book nerds would take issue with us claiming “gotham” as i believe that was originally written to represent NY at night.

4 Likes

Chicago Outfit lends itself to mobster themed logos. Could be cool.

Very much in on the Chicago Outfit… could try to make the below look with the wayward drive logo

4 Likes

Meanwhile we are getting closer to the Eggnogural Festivus for the Ref-tofus. I have made the executive decision to do it at Sydney Marovitz because that place speaks to me.

This is more meet up holiday celebration with our internet golf friends than true “event”. But look who’s to say. It may just end up me on my own trying to make nine 5’s and then popping into the clocktower cafe for a beer. Head over to the thread below let me know if you want to come. Probably Saturday 12/11?

1 Like

Would also LOVE to work in some yearly “merch” drops depending on the time of the year/season.
We’ve got the Betti graphics dept at our disposal too - which certainly helps with proofs/ideas/etc

3 Likes

I’m also a BIG fan of the band logo - which we can use as fonts for a host of different things:

2 Likes

Great call. So many great things to play off of with merch.

80’s bear logo
Old cursive bulls font
Old sox logo
“W” flag
Oprah

3 Likes

Top 3 for me are
The Chicago Outfit
Chicago Loopers
Second City Golf Club

2 Likes

Big fan

5 Likes

Pretty good chance no matter what we pick I imagine at some point we will be referred to as “the Chicago Outfit” anyways.

3 Likes

“SCGC” rolls off the tongue - but could also be confused with South Carolina (if they get a Roost)

1 Like

I do believe the Carolina’s at large go by the name Chatham Lawn Club, so we should be okay.

Can also write ourselves at 2CGC

4 Likes

Duuuuuuude 2CGC fuqs

2 Likes

It sounds like there’s going to be “pods”, so the actual downtowners can be the outfit pod.

And all of us “suburbians” can be the “Rosemont” pod…regardless of where we’re actually living.

Or is Schaumburg better?

3 Likes

Naperville?

4 Likes

imagine a golf ball instead of basketball and a bird nest instead of the net…

skyline / lake / iconic architecture

6 Likes

And 2CGC instead of SKY

1 Like