Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Speaking of KKCC anyone want to make the trip down on Sunday? Thinking early morning round with some early morning McDonald’s

Why is Ravisloe so low on your ranking? I’m playing there this Sunday.

Conditioning. I just played there yesterday. Love the course, but those tee boxes are rough and the course in general is quite shaggy.

1 Like

Damn, that’s a bummer

Haven’t been there yet. But I live right near Spring Valley and have played Lawsonia so I really want to.

@David_is_Goliath ya conditioning. Each of the 3 times I’ve played there over a year and a half it’s gotten progressively worse. Seeing large rocks in the greenside bunker on hole 4 hurt my image of the whole place. It wasn’t a peripheral bunker too it was an important one front right of the green. (Mowed) Weeds everywhere, bunkers have a huge variety in maintenance, burnt out fairway and greens, poorly maintained greens in terms of spike and balls marks. Prices were raised this year too.

1 Like

Welcome to join us 10/16

5 Likes

3 Likes

@McDuffin has made me realize a special hatred for Dunne. Grew up a few miles away and played all the time, course is just so damn difficult. That and if you go off after 8:30 it’s a five hour (weekend) round.

4 Likes

Chevy Chase right there in Wheeling is an enjoyable track.

1 Like

I’d also recommend Heritage Oaks. I recently played there with a guy who lives in Wheeling. He said he plays Deerfield a lot.

2 Likes

I’m also #DonewithDunne

3 Likes

Shameless charitable plug here.

Early bird tickets available for the first tee of Chicago fundraiser on 11/11. I’m on the ambassador council with @jbrey and probably more of you sickos.

You can buy tickets here:
https://www.eleoonline.net/Pages/WebForms/Mobile/ShowFormMobile.aspx?id=acfc0e32-11e9-4fda-8b82-16e5e016d14e&linkto=187

Would be fun to get some refuge folks to the event. DM me if you buy a ticket we can coordinate.

If will be cool to hear if Alex smith’s remarkable comeback story about perseverance and resilience compares to mine of starting double/double in a 9 hole breakfast ball match.

More info here:

5 Likes

With Monday looking like it may be the last day in the 80s 7+ months, anyone want to use a day and get out?

Playing heritage oaks at 7 am sunday, right before ryder cup singles. I got the tee time as a single, if anybody is looking to play, i think the three other tee times are still open.

1 Like

Anyone wanna go shred the gnar?? (I’ve never even surfed)

4 Likes

Gonna play Lawsonia Monday afternoon, weather is looking perfect. Currently just have a single time booked, but would be sweet to be joined by some refugees

1 Like

Oh shit! I have been wanting to get back up. Lemme check with the better half.

2 Likes

Folks we are gonna do 1pm at Lawsonia (links) any one else sick enough to join us?

5 Likes

Need a sub for tomorrow’s breakfast ball at Sydney. Anyone interested in some pre-work golf and a front row ticket to the Elite 8?

2 Likes

Any openings Saturday late morning/early afternoon?