Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Eh that’s quite the hike for me unfortunately, play well!

1 Like

…if anyone’s desperate (or dumb) enough to play Sunday after two days of shit weather Friday and Saturday, @Pinehurts and I are gonna try and play anywhere that’ll let us on. Open invite.

1 Like

Big maybe pending the wetness/cold combo. Hoping for a miracle but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Anyone hear that the drive shack that was going at the old Vienna beef factory has been canceled? Huge bummer.

1 Like

Aw man, I hadn’t heard that. I was fearing that given that construction was delayed and the company seems to be holding off on projects and generally not doing so hot.

Would have been a great alternative to diversey. Hope something shakes loose. At least chik fil a looks close to opening!

2 Likes

Morning everyone! Just wanted to throw up a link to a meet up I had talked about in here. Check it out, tell me what you think, complain whatever floats your boat!

1 Like

FYI, I am also looking to add the Purdue Courses for Sunday if people are down to make it a two day event.

Isn’t there supposed to be considerable snow on Saturday?

1 Like

My Weather Channel app says Saturday will be rainy with snow accumulation around half an inch. Soooo not great, Bob. I haven’t been able to play for a few weeks and I’m starting to fiend a little…hopefully Sunday will be playable but not holding my breath on it.

I played on Sunday and there was snow on the first 5 greens at MP. My friends were having a serious match too lmao

The amount of golf people were able to play this year is going to lead to some very very dark months this winter.

11 Likes

Played 9 at Glenview Park this afternoon. Got back to clubhouse and they said go ahead keep going if you want. We proceeded to speed play 6 more holes before it got dark. Real addict vibes.

3 Likes

How late/cold will you degenerates play into the winter?

1 Like

I prefer to not play in standing snow or below freezing (eh a little below).

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I’ll probably be finding out this winter. Probably won’t waste my time in snow but I could probably layer up and play in 28f+.

1 Like

Will play as long as there isn’t snow and it’s still in the 20s. Once you’re walking it feels good. It’s a mild form of exercise.

2 Likes

Solid course. Although the back to back par 3 9th and 10th always get me.

Could only get a tee time at Chapel Hill today. Course was hot garbage.

20’s and no snow, try and play every month of the year

EDIT- and if it’s sunny with no wind, it’s really fair game.

3 Likes

Shoutout to that condemned looking building with all the bullet (ball) holes. I assume that had to the clubhouse back in the day, and by back in the day I mean 1977.

Real vibes of Fresh Meadow in terms of “what organized crime outfit is cleaning cash here”