Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Kidnapping.

giphy

1 Like

We have created a local contest in Central Illinois within the NLU contest. Every day we give away prizes (gift cards, clubs, golf tee times, etc) to keep people donating. The money raised will be accepted by a golf related non-profit and on April 29 we will draw a Grand Prize winner for 50% of the amount donated or $5000 max (our goal on the website says 10k but I think we can do more with the national attention). Over the next 2 weeks I will be sending the money incrementally to NLU from the non-profit so we stay high on the contest list. Anyone can donate from anywhere in the world via the paypal link by any major credit card. Myself and 2 of my buddies are fully invested in this. What do you think? :metal:

8 Likes

That is awesome!!

I assume you guys would end up being the local sherpas for those episodes. Any idea of your course itinerary for the guys yet?

Signed. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah we are looking at Lick Creek GC for sure. Then its between Madison (hello megaB), Newman, Metamora, and ending at Fondulac (hello @MerchCzar, par 3 course). The campaign has been pretty successful so far. I just hope once this goes public that my weebly site doesn’t crash lol. Please share that link as much as you can! We need all the micro donations we can get!

Shoutout Roll Call: Bloomington/Normal, which has people from Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, and Peoria

2 Likes

Good plan. I bet the guys would like Madison, it’s got real “walk in the park” type vibes to it. I’m gonna donate, great job setting that all up.

Madison is great for people who aren’t golf snobs. A few years ago we played the Peoria Stroke Play and newman was being renovated so the pros said the final round was at madison. It was an absolute blast. I shot 64 at kellogg and 67 at madison and lost in a playoff to a buddy who HOLED OUT from 80 yards on 18 at madison (to shoot 61 mind you…) and send it to extra holes. He ended up beating me in a 3 hole aggregate playoff (1, 2, 9). I wasn’t even mad… It was that crazy.

Were hoping that the strapped boys can make it thru LCGC with enough balls…

Nice plan. Just kicked in for the donation.

I’d also like to nominate Weibring (ISU) over in Normal as a possibility if they don’t mind a quick trip down I-74. At $30 walking ($24 Twilight) it’s a fantastic Strapped option.

1 Like

Thanks Todd! We received your donation and added you to the list for the local raffle. I actually brought up ISU in our discussions about courses before we started the campaign. Nothing is set right now for sure except for lick creek gc. We would love the support from B/N and I would definitely recommend a course over there if the twin cities are a big influence in our win.

1 Like

The big right miss will not play there at all!

Nice idea! Just pitched in. I also would lobby for a Bloomington course in Highland, but then thats not really “Peoria”. Highland has the mega bonus written all over it, but then we’d have the C Suite complaining about ratings and slope again causing Neil to block one right onto Veterans Parkway.

That said the courses listed look great and I hope Peoria takes the contest!

1 Like

We are not ruling any courses out for now! The only one we have locked in for sure is Lick Creek GC. Highland would definitely whet the Strapped Boys appetite. Thank you for the donation. Please keep the train rolling by sharing with everyone you know. We are reaching out to national golf influencers to help with our “underdog” campaign. Low key tho… we are over $2000 right now and the donations keep coming. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I do love me some Off Color beer!

1 Like

I miss going to all the breweries so bad right now. I’ve made a handful of orders.

Highland should be the inexpensive backup option for the 3rd day when they’ve spent too much on desserts and/or pancakes (or dessert pancakes?) for @MerchCzar and have to stretch their remaining cash.

1 Like

And speaking of “golf influencers”…isn’t Steiny from Peoria? Anyone got a connection to see if he’ll help out? :thinking: :grin:

You are correct, Richwoods HS to be specific. We actually do have a way to contact him via the River Cup Foundation, where he has been our guest speaker in the past. He was going to be our speaker again this year, before… you know germs happened. Good call! I’ll see what I can do.

2 Likes