What's The Mt. Rushmore of Golf in Your State?

Not quite sure if “fourth home” cuts it, but I’ll give you a hall pass as I’m feeling generous.

Yikes…Hopefully that was a joke.

The real list is:
-Raymond Floyd
-Davis Love III
-Webb Simpson
-Harvie Ward

Honorable mentions: Peggy Kirk Bell, Scott Hoch, Charlie Sifford

My Ohio 4 would be -

Jack
Weiskopf
Ben Curtis (forgotten man major champion)
Holly sonders

Also can verify that Eric Clapton does have a home close to Muirfield Village, not fake news!

Ken Still - won on tour and played in a Ryder Cup

Kentucky:

Gay Brewer
Bobby Nichols
Kenny Perry
Justin Thomas

Bama will always claim anything that gets them a Natty Champ, hell Saban is the founding father of the state… #85yardsthroughtheheartofthesouth

saban

Nah man, we beat y’all the 1st year of the playoffs, I’m good. I respect that you guys are great, hope we get to meet again this year so we can beat you again.

#UrbanisSaban’sdaddy

Ohio:

1. Jack
  2. I get that there’s a lot of other great golfers, but really, who cares, we win…

Columbus is awesome, and growing really fast. I’m sure he does just fine working on his game in the winter and can get away whenever he needs to actually play. Pretty sure he has an indoor facility at his home to practice at. Amazing what you can do with unlimited funds…

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/ohio/columbus

Texas: Also want to mention Jimmy Demaret, three time Masters champ, Jackie Burke Jr, Masters and PGA champ.

Jazz Janewattananond should be up there if only for his name and the trouble it caused Mike Tirico in pronouncing it.

North Dakota - this is a comically inept list compared to states that have more fast food joints than we have people.

Tom Hoge - will make first two legs of playoffs this year and be fully exempt on tour for next season.
Amy Olson - exempt on LPGA, most collegiate victories ever.
…now we really start reaching…
Mike Podolak - excellent amateur, played on 1985 Walker Cup team, in 1986 Masters, college teammate of Payne Stewart
Rick Kuhn - tried his hand on mini tours for a short while - got amateur status back and has won about a million state events since.

Bryce Molder would respond but he’s too hurt. He’s shocked, and offended, and hurt.

Ontario, Canada

Mike Weir
Stanley Thompson
Moe Norman
Marlene Stewart Streit

Nebraska. Slim pickings.

Johnny Goodman. US Open champ in 1933.

Mark Calcavecchia lived here til he was about 12 or so. I’m counting it.

James Sieckmann. 2018 PGA of America coach of the year.

Tom Sieckmann, James’ brother. One PGA win.

CT is weak sauce. Can’t think of any non-players that would qualify from their impact on the game, etc.

1)Julius Boros (2 US Open, PGA)
2)Doug Ford (Masters, PGA)
3)Billy Burke (US Open)
t-4) JJ Henry, Jerry Kelly (Univ Hartford)

World Golf Hall of Famer - never heard of her until just now. In 1924 she won 59 of the 60 matches in which she played, and she won the U.S. Women’s Amateur a record six times

Sweden

1. Annika Sörenstam
  2. Henrik Stenson
  3. Jesper Parnevik
  4. Anna Nordqvist

Although I could see Liselott Neumann over Anna Nordqvist. 2 majors for Nordqvist, 1 for Neumann, but that was Swedens first major.
Next in line: Helen Alfredsson and Norén

Horton Smith has two majors and about 30 wins on Brandel.