What's The Mt. Rushmore of Golf in Your State?

If we’re being technical Azinger was born in Massachusetts.
Also, you could go Eddie Lowery. Not only for caddying for Ouimet but for setting up “The Match”.

We’ll spare you the sexist charge, and just call it a bias toward the pro game. Took me a bit to come up with her, but was thinking about Tom O’Toole (USGA President) instead of Chamblee… then had the “a-ha” moment regarding Ellen.

California

Spencer Levin
Bryson DeChambeau
no one else

Florida:
Bagdad Gerry
Kuchar
Cristie Kerr
Fred Ridley (Augusta National chairman, plus U.S. Am champ, two time Walker Cup captain, former USGA prez)

Feel like I’m missing someone though.

We have Brian Stuard from here in Jackson. Won Zurich Open in 2016. Plays on PGA tour still. But yea not much from MI.

For Massholes, Dana Quigley and Allen Doyle

Well that’s a winner :trophy:

You said state but given the climate and relative population (less than California) I’m going to take a shot at providing you the list for Canada (in no particular order):

• Mike Weir
  • George Knudson
  • Moe Norman
  • A bit of stretch here but Brooke Henderson

Honourable mentions: George Seymour Lyon, Lorne Rubenstein , Lorie Kane, Stephen Ames

I’m sure I’m missing a few but took my best shot.

Stanley Thompson has to be on there for Canada.

Not bad for a country of 1.5 million people, right! Especially one intent on murdering each other for 400 years. Mind you, you can tell how lovely a place it is to live by the fact that only Clarke still lives there, near Royal Portrush. Even I left.

As no one from Spain seems to be stepping up I’ll give you:

Seve Ballesteros
Jose Maria Ollazabal
Sergio Garcia
John Rahm

Not bad, eh!

Is Miguel Angel Jimenez not just a little bit in front of Rahm? And what about Marta Figueres-Dotti (kneeling from tomatoes and other assorted trash being thrown at him)

Continuing with other feudal European states:
Italy
Constatino Rocca
The Brothers Molinari
Mateo Manaserro

100%. Knew I was forgetting someone obvious. He can take Brooke’s place in my list and she can fall to Honourable mention status.

Can’t wait for @RaynorMan to chime in on Utah:

“Well, there’s me, my dad, our neighbor Gideon who once built a GOAT 9-hole par 3 in his backyard…and Tony Finau.”

Yes! Definitely with you on that one. Just in recognition of the wine, women and other associated fun his life has been full of. Not even the golf. Which is also phenomenal.

Don’t forget Harvey Penick…

And Payne Stewart is an SMU boy if we are counting colleges.

Oh and Roy McAvoy and David Simms.

I will take Indiana as that’s where I grew up (recently moved to Central Cal).

Pere Dye (I think he’s fair to claim?)
Fuzzy Zoeller
Chick Evans (U.S. Am & U.S. Open 1916)
Bo Van Pelt

Honorable Mention: Bob Hamilton (PGA Championship 1944 - Defeated Byron Nelson 1 up), Patrick Rodgers, and Chad Collins (He grew up near me and I root like hell for this guy!)

Georgia:

• Bobby Jones
  • Davis Love III (claiming)
  • Matt Kuchar (claiming)
  • Billy Payne

We have a bevy of honorable mentions: Jerry Pate, Claude Harmon, Brian Harmen, Stu Cink, Chris Kirk, Bobb Cupp, Ollie, Harris English, not-Bubba, Charels Howell III, and the great Robert Castro.

Can’t believe you left Tin Cup off the Texas line up. A 12 on that par 5. He KNEW he could make that shot!