What's The Mt. Rushmore of Golf in Your State?

Who are the four golf figures that define/represent your state? This isn’t necessarily “what four people have the most tour wins” but more of a what four have had/left the biggest footprint.

I’ll go first with California
Tiger Woods
Phil Mickelson
Johnny Miller
Mickey Wright

Honorable mention: Bob Hope, Sandy Tatum, Ken Venturi.

Really excited to see the less populated states chime in. For our Euro friends, please use your country (the UK is not a country. Sorry @The_Cad_Says)
Can’t wait to see @3wiggle try and cover Texas! All for good debate, but let’s try and keep duplicates to a minimum.

Slimmish picking for Illinois:
Chick Evans
Bob Goalby
Bill Murray
Mike Small

Honorable Mentions: Sluman, Luke Donald, Brian Doyle Murray

Those are legitimately slim pickings. No disrespect to the Brian Doyle Murrays of the world, but did you consider Michael Jordan? Maybe our boy Andy @thefriedegg? Just sayin’…

Missouri’s a sleeper state.

Tom Watson
Payne Stewart
Hale Irwin
Brandell Chamblee

Hon. Mentions to: Jay Haas, Tom Pernice Jr., and Horton Smith (first Masters Champion)

England:

Sir Nick Faldo
John Henry Taylor
Jim Barnes
Henry Cotton

Well, I’m from Belfast, so I’ll go:

Rory McIlroy
Darren Clarke
G Mac
David Feherty

And if that doesn’t qualify for ‘pound for pound’ Best Golf Country in the World status, I don’t know what does. Not to mention the golf courses we have.

South Carolina
Dustin Johnson
Hootie Johnson (Augusta chairman)
Lucas Glover
Jay Haas

Honorable mention
Wesley Bryan
Darius Rucker

Great thread @Lazstradamus

Alabama:

Justin Thomas
Jerry Pate
Condoleezza Rice (first female member at ANGC)
David Bronner (responsible for bringing the RTJ Golf Trail to Alabama)

Do you get to claim JT just based on college? That really could skew these lists. I’m sure KY is claiming him as well.

I’d assume so. Stays very active with the university and golf program. Also played on a national championship team so he has definitely expanded the interest in golf for the state.

Delaware is tough.

We have one… Ed Oliver - 8x tour winner (15 wins overall) and finished 2nd at the Masters, US Open and PGA.

We could maybe claim Sean O’Hair as he’s from West Chester, PA just over the boarder but is actually a member at a private club here in DE.

Did Watson grow up in Missouri? His family were members at KCCC (he still is today), and I’m pretty sure his house was on the Kansas side…

For Wisconsin:

Steve Stricker
Andy North
Herb Kohler
Manuel de la Torre

Michigan is a rough state

Meg Mallon
Calvin Peete
Walter Hagen (lived and died in Traverse City)
Mike DeVries or Tom Doak before i put another golfer on the Mt Rushmore ha

PA:
Arnold Palmer
Jim Furyk
Betsy King
Rocco Mediate

Ohio, strong lineup:

Golden Bear
Pete Dye
Tom Weiskopf
Stacy Lewis

Watson grew up on the MO side. Won the high-school and Mo AM a number of times. He does live in KS now.

Had to do some digging for Arkansas:

John Daly
Ken Duke
Paul Runyan
Dutch Harrison

@Brolock Sean is from Texas or Florida - he lives in west chester because his wife is from there… (so maybe an adopted player?) also, thought he played out of concord country club, which is in PA, but could be wrong there