WGT -- does anyone else play?

Found WGT, an online golf game, the other week which is another great way to waste time. Wondering if anyone else plays?

3 Likes

My brother used to be pretty good at it. He made the WGT Ryder Cup team…

2 Likes

I try and get in a 9 hole match pretty much every night before bed

1 Like

I used to play it quite a bit, but that was probably about 5 years ago now. Over time they slowly got more and more ridiculous with their prices – you can spend $5 for a sleeve of virtual golf balls. I’ve been actually real life clubs that are cheaper than some of the clubs on that game. It’s just stupid.

I play it off and on. I am resistant to spending money, especially on balls. I play it on an IPad, and always assumed that getting the swing timing down would be easier on a keyboard. Does it work on a PC also?

Because I was playing so much I decided a couple of years ago I was going to spend $20 on the game, and cap it at that. I bought new clubs, and still haven’t spent another dime. I still use the crappy basic ball and almost always lose to anyway who has paid for the Pro Vs.

I stopped when my progress halted because I wouldn’t spend much money.

3 Likes

Yeah, I bought clubs but hesitate to spend any more. I feel guilty when I play someone with the stock driver and get a 30 yard head start. Unless they beat me.