Welcome to the Refuge. It's not Reddit

Why the need to blow up somebody’s spot? That’s the question you need to be asking. Creating an anonymous profile isn’t being assholish. Blowing one up is.

7 Likes

How many anonymous profiles are allowed?

5 Likes

I’m with @gatorz7888. I get far more joy out of interacting with the real people of the Refuge, not the anonymous people. And I think this place is special because of the real friendships we make and interactions we have, not being ghosts.

Also, don’t be a dick. Being anonymous for many is an excuse to be a jerk.

9 Likes

Just a reminder that the big “incident” here was related to someone who already gave out their information.

2 Likes

It really doesn’t matter what brings you joy, though. The thing is, you are free to change your handle from @IlliniGolferHack to your full name. And you are free to start your own web forum and require everyone to register and post under their full name. You can even verify.

But that’s not the deal here.

2 Likes

Still can’t believe this happened

5 Likes

He didn’t give it out to the entire internet. Just because you and I know each other’s real names, doesn’t mean we’ve given each other permission to post it whenever and wherever we like.

4 Likes

I’m not trying to make an sides here just flushing out an important topic.

Not everyone understands the rules around doxxing. That’s fine. The refuge is not for everyone. It’s a rule here and if you want get along you follow that rule.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

Meh. Not really that unique. Golf club atlas dot com has just as many meet-ups if not more. And have you heard of random golf club?

4 Likes

Never said it was unique. Just that it happens and it’s good.

1 Like

Heard they have some sweet videos, and woke merch

Sure, and it’s still good for a whole lot of people who will never meet anyone from here. I didn’t need to meet @aannddyy00 in person to enjoy his posts. Or @Lazstradamus, or @RobertHunter, etc. I wanted to meet them because of online, not vice versa. So I disagree that this place is special because some of us meet up.

8 Likes

But I can still post photos of me coming really close to making a hole in one, right?

2 Likes

The real issue here is that you can view almost the entire refuge without an account.

5 Likes

If somebody without an account read the site enough and was so incensed by @gatorz7888’s horrendous beef takes, could he discover his real name and SWAT his house? For sure. But let’s not let perfect be the enemy of good.

4 Likes

I have a question is a hotdog a sandwich?

5 Likes

I can only answer that of you can tell me if a hotdog is on a bun or a roll.

I don’t have a joke. This is a succinct explanation for why we should shun those people engaged in doxxing from society.

6 Likes

Just don’t share people’s names and personal info on the internet. This shit ain’t hard y’all.

14 Likes