Welcome to the Refuge. It's not Reddit

Letter to the new Refugee.

Guise (see: “Guys is not just men”)

Feel welcome because you are truly welcome. Also know this isn’t reddit and there are no kid gloves. That means you can have your opinion, you can share it, you will face some debate and it will likely be very friendly. Your take can suck but that doesn’t mean you suck.

We have had some troll issues and some hate bots so now we have moderators. We didn’t need them for the first few years, but here we are. There is some concern that having mods will ruin what the Refuge is and those concerns are valid.

I am a moderator on this forum. Do not come to me with “hey @382Dimples is being mean about my hickories” because I don’t give a shit about your hickories. Defend yourself with your own words and opinions.

Just as supreme court justices lean one way or the other politically, so do I. You’ll find me with the anarchists like @VelvetSteve. You’ll find me with the shit-stirrers like @aannddyy00. You’ll find me on the side of the marginalized and denied like @RobertHunter.

I am not reading you DMs. I am not here for your drama with whoever you have beef with. I have meat lockers of my own damn beef with know-it-alls of this forum like @imsocrabby and @JBors. We settle our grievances a little differently here as you’ll soon learn.

I am all for the Refuge being a backyard graduation keg party-turned-street fight with no punching above the neck…just like high school. People talk, people agree, people disagree, people hash things out or they don’t.

The Refuge Isn’t For Everyone.

If you’re wondering if the impact of wartime landscapes affected George Thomas’ work maybe go to Golf Club Atlas.

If you are OK with being unenlightened you may want to look into Random Golf Club.

If you think talking about sexy beer cart girls is cool check out Barstool.

If you own Bomb Tech anything go back to Reddit now.

The Refuge Is For Everyone

If you just bought clubs and have never played, wow, did you make a great choice.

If you love Torrey Pines and can defend your passion WELCOME.

If you don’t play without a little herb and music in the cart, you are home.

Want to sell that 3-pack of Bomb Tech wedges? We’ve got you covered.

Pizza lover? Arts & crafts? Music lover? Folks, welcome.

110 Likes

RIP Regis

22 Likes

Retract this statement. I don’t know shit. Except about pizza and ice cream.

6 Likes

Retract your ego from my world.

1 Like

wow. just wow.

4 Likes

You don’t know shit about ice cream.

7 Likes

Obligatory: Sir, this is a Wendy’s

19 Likes

For the next 5 months, 6 days.

13 Likes

Whether in Duluth Georgia or Duluth, Minnesota I will clang swords with you and I’m not afraid of you.

2 Likes

We need to reignite the Rankings, Ranked thread.

1 Like

I just want to be your loud mouthed friend…and this is how you treat me.

and sword fights.

3 Likes

Would pay admittance fee.

4 Likes

This could have an entirely different meaning if it were said to me

10 Likes

Save it for #RefugeAfterDark, please.

10 Likes

@nandersen was THE moderator.

Now look where we are.

2 Likes

where Nandy?

I thought he just up and quit.

1 Like

I imagine he’s golfing.

5 Likes

Ftfy

10 Likes

While golfing? Likely.

3 Likes

It’s been said before but seems it should be said here for any wanderers that come by.

READ. this place is a living breathing thing.

READ:
Oregon trail thread
@jaygrizzle thread aka Flamethrower.
Cincinnati duel thread
@Zocco Files

11 Likes