Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2024 (Chicago, IL)

@TeddyPargame You need me to send you $ for the visors? I’m ready to look much better than I play!

1 Like

For your viewing pleasure, Red Tee Week (excuse the formatting, lots of extra columns and I didn’t feel like messing with it anymore for only one week of data!)

Highlights:
You guys were about 3 shots better over the course of nine holes from the Reds.
You actually hit fewer fairways, which is a tough look for the #NoLayingUp brand.
But, way more GIRs. You usually average 3/9, and were right around 5/9 this week.
No significant changes to putting stats, which was to be expected.

Every single hole played easier, but Hole 8 was almost exactly the same, which of course makes sense as the red tees are not significantly closer.
Hole 5 played the easiest in relation to normal weeks, as there is about a 100 yard advantage for the Reds.
Literally no one hit the 7th fairway. LSD VERY MUCH in play from the Reds.

4 Likes

Zero fairways and broke “par”. I demand more red tee weeks.

4 Likes

Zero fairways and broke “par”

Objectively one of the sickest things I’ve ever seen

4 Likes

Quota dispersion was the highest its been all year at 11 as well

My GIR and Putt are depressing considering 2 missed fairways ran through short of greens 8 and 9.

1 Like

Happy Tuesday! I will not be on this week as I thought I might be in Michigan, alas I am not. If anyone needs a sub I’m in.

See below for Thursday start times. It is @RealChili last week in the great city of Chicago so send him off with good vibes and maybe a birdie or two.

Sunrise: 5:25am… as always first group get there 10-15 minutes early.

Group 1: @ChiFFI @RealChili @Cswartz @PinkPantser

Group 2: @TeddyPargame Bartell, Ballgame, and @TrajMahal

Group 3: @JAD @TheAbeFroman @FlapjackNickelsack @Wheel

7 Likes

@rmbartell and @Ballgame

Would any of you chaps in the first group be willing to swap to group 3? @ChiFFI @RealChili @FlapjackNickelsack @Cswartz

1 Like

i could make that trade

3 Likes

We got any action games being played this week?

1 Like

Group 1 can get a little Best Ball or something going?

1 Like

Seems like this fits here…94th Midwest Amateur Championship held over 2 days at Waveland.

3 Likes

One of you NEEDS to play that event.

If it’s a net event you should send @Setwilli

3 Likes

I will bump duty off to my assistant to the commissioner @Ballgame

A few fun easy games I would suggest is Skins, Banker, or Mini Nassau. My brain has been pretty off in the mornings so action games have not been a priority for me, but happy to start tossing out some suggested games week in and week out.

Also when I come back I’ll be happy to do the split the pot again for highest quota winner. May have to switch to the cash method though so I don’t get audited.

I always debate it - you and @Ballgame should give it a go! I’ve shared with others, but I played the course early before the tourney started a few years back due to a booking error on their part. They used an alternate tee (mowed some rough down) in a few spots, most notably on 2 closer to the lake that required a big cut. All greens shaved to near death (for Syd), seven the pin was in front and impossible to hold (probably “unfair” for PGA Tour pros).

But by far, my favorite aspect is Practice Rounds available.

3 Likes

Yes please

2 Likes

Do I want to relive the 5/4 ass kicking from last year?

1 Like

Final loop.

16 Likes

I hope you had a 21 shot salute on to LSD to send that man off. Good luck with the move and enjoy TN, @RealChili!

9 Likes