Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2024 (Chicago, IL)

Starting to get to that time of the year again where we aren’t the only ones waiting to tee off haha

Simple 2 v 2 Best Ball?

Gents miss some fairways, scramble and make some 1 putts.

1 Like

I am down for keeping it simple. My brain really doesnt work until I am on the 4th hole.

2 Likes

BBK Labs is back after a brief hiatus to Grand Rapids and hosting a bachelor party. We preach work/life balance at BBK Labs, but we’re back in a big way this week.

First, your standard reporting:

Lots of us trying to keep it under 40 on scoring average for the year!

We kind of all suck at scrambling! Danny continues to drain birdie putts at an alarming rate!

Me and @tmstrods trying to keep the par 5s under par for the year!

@Ballgame leading the birdie chase, just needs 3 and 7! Hole #2 continues to be a fraud!

Hole 4 continues to be the most important and hardest fairway to hit!

And introducing, our Best 10 leaderboard:

Everyone is on here, but as you’ll see you need 6 rounds to qualify. You can drop bad scores once you eclipse 10 rounds. What I’ve tried to capture in the right hand columns is your worst counting score, and what your implied quota is to replace that bad score. It’s n/a if you won’t have gotten to 11 rounds.

Would love any input/questions/advice on how to make this more meaningful as we head towards the 'yoffs.

7 Likes

I believe my birdie to scoring average ratio is the worst. Truly Mr PARgame

2 Likes
6 Likes

@djheadley - is 9/15 a non-playoff week mixed in?

I see that it’s 9/1: 8 to 6, 9/8: 6 to 4, 9/22: 4 to 2 and 9/29: 2 to 1

No objection to the way you have it set it up if I understand it correctly, just wanted to confirm

1 Like

Yeah so its a week to allow people get their matches in. This way if one of the playoff members was out they could still stay in.

1 Like

2 Likes

Early reports suggest making birdies is better than making pars. Watch this space.

Missed a 3 footer on 9 for a 35.

20 quota pts for a +4 or 5?

5 Likes

I think you’re playing off a 14 point quota right? 20 points gets ya +6 for the day

Average par 3s was a 5 for me today and it tied my average par 5s as well…. not great!

1 Like

Plus 4 for me :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Also team just a heads up if you follow me on grint. I’m not gonna post the 36 cause I used slope on my range finder.

1 Like

Ok but will you attest my 42?

2 Likes

@Ballgame you can rest assured this sandbagging was called out in real time.

4 Likes

Classic Pargame. He knows he’s locked up his first round bye so he starts protecting his cap. Savvy, veteran move.

2 Likes

I was on 35 watch until I hit the 150 pole with my drive on 7 and it bounded into the middle of the right trees :cry:

7 Likes

For Red Tee week next week, I think the side game should be Tilt. A lot of birdies to be had along with a lot of blow up holes if youre flat stick and wedge game are not up to par.

3 Likes

Tilt? Now we’re talking.

2 Likes