Was: Doxxing; then Taco Meat and Steak; Now Hockey GOAT Debate

It did, until it didn’t. Refuge strikes again.

And since we’re back at it, did the thread need to be made, probably not. Do I think a suspension would have happened without it? Also probably not, so I think it served it’s purpose.

5 Likes

Hey, that’s my house you’re talking about buddy.

23 Likes

He’s right you know.

4 Likes

Wheres the post announcing the ban? Just curious to read it

Yes I agree, that aspect of it was not good. However, that post is now deleted and I really doubt people went and wrote it down to use later for nefarious purposes.

We also have a clearly defined policy on privacy expectations now, which I think is a good thing!

1 Like
2 Likes

Really well written post by Tronald.

4 Likes

Gracias

So you don’t actually give a shit that TPF got his name posted and more people saw it because of this thread. Just like PinHigh didn’t actually care about the name being posted when he started the thread, just the fact that not enough people were outraged about it.

And that’s where we differ.

2 Likes

Hard to say, possibly flagging it and just sending a DM to the NLU crew might have sufficed

2 Likes

If a Refugee is banned temporarily, and that person also happens to be a Nest member, are Nest dues prorated to account for lost time? Seems only fair.

5 Likes

/slides @JohnnyPanton to the top of possible nandy burners list

(fair question)

6 Likes

I mean, it’s a fair question to ask. But you won’t catch me joining the Nest. Too rich for my blood.

4 Likes

If the ban occurred because of something on NLU’s end, probably. If it is due to the Nest member’s own actions, probably not. Plus there are probably plenty of Nesticles that are even Refugees in the first place, good chance to see how the other half lives

1 Like

“Didn’t think the Nest provided enough value??? Here’s a freebie for ya, perspective

(read as maximum new yorker)

I think what expedited justice was tagging Laz in the inital new thread post.

6 Likes

That’s how you knew he meant business

5 Likes

The only thing he is losing is ability to see posts in the nest section of the refuge, which is like one thread that rarely sees activity.

1 Like

I don’t have the ability to see posts in the Nest either, but I don’t pay for that privilege.

You should really be able to sublet that Nest access.

5 Likes