Was: Doxxing; then Taco Meat and Steak; Now Hockey GOAT Debate

In light of recent events where a forum participant was doxxed against their wishes and this same poster has threatened to doxx other users in the past, perhaps it is worth discussing the board’s views on this issue.

@Randy @Soly @Tron @djpie @MerchCzar @McSchvantz @Lazstradamus

1 Like

I don’t think Doxxing is a nice thing to do and is pretty uncalled for.

I also don’t think an entire thread calling out one dude is classy and needed either.

Just 2 cents, and my real name is Andrew Rice

18 Likes

You could have just flagged the comment instead of tagging the Council of Dads (and Laz for some reason) in a new thread.

My 2 cents is that if someone really wants anonymity on an internet forum they should work to maintain it. Once you sign up for a real world golf trip hosted by said website, your desire for anonymity has gone out the window.

26 Likes

haha, right?

i got no clue who got doxxed or what took place, but this thread is a complete snitch move

18 Likes

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/faq#be-civil

• Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
21 Likes

Yeesh.

Doxxing is dumb.

Doing it over that? Mega dumb.

That’s all I’ve got.

25 Likes

Not surprised. Doxxersen strikes again.

6 Likes

Doxxing is certainly not the TC way.

5 Likes

not defending anyone’s actions here, but think its funny how differently people react to stuff…

yesterday a prominent member who is a public figure and actually has a career in the industry with tons of connections and so forth willingly posted his own address without a care in the world…

today someone who the vast majority of people have never heard about, nor do they care about had their name shared and its the end of the world

and yeah, i get it, one person did it voluntarily to themselves and the other didnt…blah blah blah

still interesting to me none the less…

7 Likes

Maybe if he stopped acting like a child all of this would be unnecessary?
It’s really not asking a lot.

3 Likes

Ya people value their privacy different. Crazy

3 Likes

the voluntary thing is the critical component. if you want to put your name on every single post go for it. You don’t get to make the determination for other posters what level of privacy they want. I do not think signing up for a golf trip makes it ok for another poster to reference your full name(which is different than their first name)

9 Likes

Staying anonymous is dumb. Too many people hide behind anonymous accounts just to say insulting things and then get mad when they get exposed.

If you don’t want to get doxxed don’t be a dick. Or maybe be your real life self online and also don’t be a dick. That’d be preferred.

10 Likes

THIS THREAD WILL GO REALLY REALLY WELL…

Complete sentence, yes

13 Likes

clearly you missed the first line of my post.

it was an observation about how people view things different, not what is right or wrong

2 Likes

That’s a really strong take.

Doxxing should be zero tolerance bans IMO.

21 Likes

That’s wild, man

5 Likes

Maybe the doxxer is the dick? Who can say?

(I only commented this because it sounds funny)

4 Likes

Yes, please, Dolly Parton the shit out of him before the post is taken down so everyone knows his real name.

Was if fucked up that he got Doxxed? Absolutely.

Did you just amplify this into the sun so everyone will now go looking for the Dox post? Yep.

Unintended consequences are a real bitch.

5 Likes

Fuck this. I legitimately can’t believe people are actually using it to excuse what happened.

Unreal take. There are a number of perfectly good reasons.

The amount of excuses flying around in here is mind-blowing.

28 Likes