War of the World Woods (Brooksville, FL): Postponed

My parents live in Brooksville and I worked at World Woods when I was 19. This might need to be a trip.

3 Likes

Best/worst World Woods story, go!

2 Likes

@sfairholm28

2 Likes

Back in the early 2000’s when I worked there, Frank Lickliter had a helicopter drop him off at the driving range, he played 18 holes, then had the helicopter come pick him up. I was there when Phil and David Toms played their Shell Wide World of Golf event also, so that was cool watching Phil and Bones out on a practice round messing around.

8 Likes

Woah, I would definitely be down for this!!! Just have to see about work schedule

3 Likes

I have put this on the calendar, so it is set in stone. Unless of course my wife decides to trump the all powerful calendar; but I’m in!

7 Likes

I appreciate the mention @Big_RanDeer and nothing gets me more fired up than teeing it up with the FL refuge crew, however the first three months of any year I’m basically off the grid when it comes to events. I will be with you all in spirit.

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Think I’m gonna try to make it. Anybody care to carpool from WPB area?

1 Like

Looks like a good time! @JCO Might need to make the trip back to the sunshine state.

4 Likes

First time getting involved with an event. Looking forward to it, Pine Barrens is a fun track.

4 Likes

Way, way in. Was hoping something would pop up at World Woods in ‘22!

14 Likes

My dude!

2 Likes

winter golf, exactly why I moved to Florida!

5 Likes

Know it maybe too early for this but. . . I am signed up for this event and would be coming down probably Tuesday if not Monday before the event. I know it’s a drive but would anyone be interested in knocking some if not all streamsong courses. I will not be staying at the course. I would have probably free lodging a 1.5 hour away with some friends and need to kill some time while they work. I have a solo trip to bandon that same week. But the way things are with air travel and weather is a role of the dice, plus a solo trip instead of hanging with a group of guys from the greatest golf forum on earth, I’m tempted to just go ahead and pull the plug on bandon and just do world woods and streamsong. Let me know if you would be interested in doing a streamsong course or 2 or maybe all 3 during the week.

7 Likes

I think I would be way in on this as I’ve never played there.

I’d be about an hour away from Streamsong if things go as planned. (Which they always do, right?)

Interested. :raised_hand:

2 Likes

Sweet will be in touch with all who are interested.

2 Likes

I should be staying about an hour from Streamsong and am definitely down to join for some if not all of that voyage!

3 Likes

I’m in if the conditities are improved. I saw some horrifying sh*t out there a few weeks back

1 Like

You’re throwing an event at a pitch and putt in like a month, you condititties snob :joy:
Speaking of which, everyone on this thread should go sign up for @TB3Golf’s Duel After Dark.

5 Likes