Want to buy a course: change my mind

It is up to you all to prevent me from doing something idiotic. I want to buy a golf course. I’ve played a lot of golf courses and worked at enough to know that it is not an easy business, but I have also seen enough to think that I could do better than most.

What are your thoughts on golf course ownership? Positives and negatives? And what would you do if you owned your own golf course?

3 Likes

Here we go again @Zocco

8 Likes

Yaas

2 Likes

We need so many more details.

4 Likes

Have you thought of the logo yet? Never too soon I hear.

21 Likes

Go for it

Find a new slant.

In all seriousness, there’s some good info in here. I suggest reading it all, coming up with some cool merch/logo designs, then explore the feasibility of everything.

8 Likes

What do you know about water rights and the minute of zoning laws?

4 Likes

First you need some SIIICCCKKKK merch.

Things you need to be a successful golf course owner:

1. Good logo
  2. Online merch store

That’s it. Anything beyond that is a waste of time. Maybe get some satellite photos of empty land and talk in vague terms about the course architecture you’d like to put there

6 Likes

Step 1: Pencils. A big box of branded pencils.

15 Likes

Famous last words of every failed golf course. Having a profitable golf course is extremely hard. Read the thread linked above and you will get a crash course in what it’s like to get very excited, and then come down to reality and realize it’s not a smart financial decision.

2 Likes

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip

40 Likes

A trusted advisor once told me, first thing you do when you have an idea is make a logo.

2 Likes

you should buy one then

If you think we’re going to change your mind…wow you’re in the wrong spot!

1 Like

edit: I suck with GIFs

Pro tip: always buy the worst golf course in the best neighborhood.

5 Likes