Vote for Anarchy

Sunjae is playing.

3 Likes

I know this is right, but I always hear this as “my peace.”

Will Hunjae need a wheelbarrow to carry his balls?

2 Likes

I’m not afraid of you, Robert Hunter, anarchy or anyone else here

1 Like

Genuinely curious what @ANTIFAldo thinks of my platform

Remember, the main point of this whole election is to have a single point of contact with the Jackson(ville) Five, at their request, so they’re not inundated with our bullshit. That’s really the only power whoever is elected should have

I am intellectually consistent.

I do not think there should be a President.

5 Likes

What if we rebranded the title of President to Key Master?

3 Likes

Starcon commander

All of these election threads talk about creating an introduction section that basically tells people the rules. And I definitely see the value to the established users to have something to “teach” new users. But has anyone actually gone to a new message board and thought “those threads look interesting, but let me spend a few hours learning about all of the little rules around here.” As it stands today, only 675 users have even visited the Community Guidelines page and only 43 people have done the advanced user tutorial.

Like I said, I see the value to the established user, but how do you get someone to actually look at it?

1 Like

I still have not been able to find this.

open a DM, type this:

@ discobot start advanced tutorial

but actually tag the bot.

That said, the tutorial is about using discourse, not anything Refuge specific (or interesting).

3 Likes

At least if it is available and someone chooses not to read it, maybe everyone won’t want to spend thousands of posts bitching and complaining and changing the whole damn structure of the message board when that person gets pointed to that section in a less than welcoming fashion?

2 Likes

I honestly just think making the Community section stand out a bit more, maybe with a preview of some of the Roll Call threads visible solves 90% of this. Its a good place for people to start and their local refugees will welcome them here and maybe toss some suggestions of threads to check out

3 Likes

Like I said, I can see value in it being there and I’d like to see it get made. But if anyone thinks it’s going to change anything, they’re dreaming. Now instead of someone saying “that’s not how we do it here” they’ll just say “that’s not how we do it here. Go spend a couple of hours reading that thread over there.” I’ve been on a lot of message boards in the last 20-25 years and the least active thread is always the introduction thread. No one is going to spend time reading a thread about the local rules when they see Zac Blair himself is popping off in the Buck Club thread.

1 Like

This free for all being proposed by @ANTIFAldo is simply too good to be true. A lightly regulated and structured refuge is in all of our interest, don’t buy the fear mongering of some kind of autocratic tie-up, I hope I can earn all of your support, pool ideas, and make for a better future. #BelieveInBetter

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you. No one is gonna read that shit. But apparently it is important to people to have it available.
I also think it’s funny when new people come in and say dumb shit and catch a couple haymakers for it. But apparently I am in the minority in that regard.

4 Likes

I knew it.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree, but I could see how it makes the Refuge a lot more insular.

I mean, I’ve had an account here for awhile, but really only casually browsed and posted until the last 4-6 weeks or so when I became a lot less busy with work. I listen to almost every NLU ep, so maybe that helps me feel a little more in the loop, but…I’ve been here a fair amount over the last month and there’s still a lot of times I feel like I have no fucking clue what is going on or who is doing/saying/meaning what, and I can see how it makes the Refuge feel unwelcoming.

I don’t personally mind because I understand, and I’ve had a lot of great experiences with individuals, but I could also see how it’s tough as a whole.

2 Likes

Has said SEVERAL times the Refuge is the mob and the mob is Rome.

1 Like