Veterans Golf Association - VGA

I’m not sure how many other military veterans there are here on this site but I just wanted to push out a new thread to get people aware of the VGA league that runs all over the country. It’s a well run tournament series that’s broken down by regions of the US. If any of you are interested check out vgagolf.org and give it a look. It’s open to veterans, spouses and family members.

4 Likes

Hope to see some activity on this thread for you guys and also see how many military members are on here.

1 Like

Were you stationed at Lewis?

Yeah I was there for a while.

1 Like

Army National Guard. 11Bravo. 2009-2014. Thanks for the heads up about this, looks cool and would love to get involved.

2 Likes

Army Guard. Originally 51B, then ROTC/OBC Engineer officer. 1985-1993. This looks cool. Gracias

2 Likes

Yeah I’m hoping that more people will know and it’ll continue to grow. In the last three years in my area it went from three tournaments to ten. And they say that it’s only expanding.

Active US Navy playing in the Sub-Regional July 13th. Glad I finally did a search to see who else was on here.

@davidc here is the link for the current scheduled events for our area. They said they are still adding more to the schedule.

https://events.golfstatus.com/organization/cc17ea7c-b687-4ad6-9fb8-91e7919b694f

Also I’m bumping this thread since there are more new people on here now just so that others can see if they wanna join their local regions as well.

1 Like

Badass, thanks for the heads up! Will be trying to get out for at least one event this year

1 Like

Tom Coyne just put out a video with Aaron Ojard at Pinehurst. I’m in awe of such an impressive organization with an incredible mission that I really hadn’t heard much about before. You guys can start the unofficial Refuge chapter of the VGA

1 Like

Hadn’t seen this, thanks for sharing. This is cool. And for sure :slightly_smiling_face: come out and join us!

1 Like

Morning colors with my son at the United States Naval Academy Golf Course - USNA Golf Course Morning Colors - Vimeo

#GoNavyBeatArmy

1 Like

Not a vet but would be happy join a game if the opportunity comes around

1 Like

Have I got the place for you then!!

1 Like

#GoNavy Don’t know if you saw my USNA background story- strangely posted in the “Last thing you buiied” thread.

I am just a USNA Parent and there is no way I could have done the first two years there. I just did a golf trip to Pensacola last week:

1 Like

Oh, I’m aware. NYC Metro member

1 Like

That video gave me chills. Congrats on your son’s success. That said, being from New York, I root for Army

1 Like

That’s cool. I root for Army 364 days a year, too.

1 Like