Updated 2020 Events Schedule (Sweetens Registration Info - Post 17)

Stoked about the Pinehurst event…

1 Like

Hey @Tron I thought we only had one spot in San Antonio (2 if you count the auctioned off slot). Has that changed?

It has not. Just a typo. Couldn’t remember if it was 1 + auction or 2 + auction. Thanks!

1 Like

Aiming to have Sweetens SuperRegional registration this Friday. Will be Nest members only, and since demand is going to outstrip the number of spots we’re able to offer (since it’s only a nine-hole course it’ll be 55-60 spots) we’ll enter everyone who signs up on Friday into a lottery and decide the spots randomly. This feels like the only fair way to do this 2020 due to the lack of regional events we were able to plan due to COVID. With more SuperRegionals in 2021(plus another year under our belts) this shouldn’t be as much of an issue.

11 Likes

How do we sign up for the Houston Bayou event, or any of the events. Sorry new to The Nest and trying to figure things out

1 Like

Hey great to have you, @Barritos! As you can see, a ton of fun things going on.

This looks like the Bayou event here, jump in and talk to the organizers! I’m sure they would love to have you.

A community/roll call for you Lone Star folks.

Finally, and my personal favorite, dive into your local RACDG Chapter via sign up sheets. Usually have some interesting events/ideas/chats going on!

Hope to see you out there soon!

5 Likes

Thanks @davidc!

2 Likes

Any idea on the size/price on the Pinehurst trip in October and when the registration will be? Wanting to try and go to either the Pinehurst or Sweetens trip.

2 Likes

Definitely interested in the Sweetens Trip. Living in Nashville makes it a quick ride over there.

1 Like

Already have our firm outing on #2/4 later in October. I will do my best to squeeze into another event so people can have their shot at the turtlebacks.

On another note, glad you guis showcased #3. Was never a thought to even think about playing it in the past years. Typically the extra round has always been Mid/Needles.

1 Like

Can’t remember what last year’s cost was (someone please chime in) but the size will be similar to last year, maybe one or two extra foursomes. Think it was 24 total last year, should be around 30 this year.

2 Likes

Cost was around $1600 plus resort fees and tips. There was a couple hundred dollar discount for double occupancy.

3 Likes

We have been throwing around the idea of a persimmons and blades events in the mid-Atlantic for a while. Need to track down a good venue but we’ve got a lot of guys in Northern Virginia/DC/Maryland and some folks out in WV/Southern PA that would be grateful for an event they don’t have to book travel/get a hotel for.

1 Like

Fairly new to the community here, but was wondering if there were any NIT events or NLU Meetups in the San Francisco Bay Area or Northern Cal, generally.

If not, I’d be happy to help orchestrate one through my local club (Corica Park) in Alameda.

1 Like

Hey @Tron - for Pinehurst event, for those of us who are local, will there be an option to participate without paying full freight for a resort stay? Or is it one size fits all?

So I am new to the Refuge. Are there any Reqs for meet ups or just show up and play?

1 Like

If Chicago falls apart I would happy to host a local qualifier in Chicago.

Welcome!!! First, go to the search bar and search “Roll Call: _______” whatever your city or region is! There you can hopefully find a group of people locally to have random meetups and tee times with! Then use the NIT & Refuge Events category on the homepage to see what bigger meetups are happening! Lmk if you need any other help on getting connected. Everything under the moon and stars is on here!

@Double_Bogey_Dave do you approve this message?

3 Likes

I do approve of this message @DawgLeg I’d also point towards the Royal and Ancient Company of Dishonorable Golfers, a great way to meet fellow Refugees.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’m also a new resident of ATL so I will check around on here and try to meet some new folks around my area and grow my golf (and friend) network. Glad I took the plunge and joined!

3 Likes