(Scoring at Post 366) Florida Meetup - The StrappedDraw at Palatka Golf Club, August 1st

Fingers crossed that this still goes down.

I’m in. Will drive up from Delray. All my other plans were shot because of the COVID. I have to take a certain amount of PTO, or lose it. So I need more golf.

2 Likes

I love it!!!

1 Like

Once we get a better understanding of when everything will go back to normal, @NoLayovers and I will try to hash out the extracurricular activities including a possible Jax Beach round on Sunday.

7 Likes

Just signed up on the roster. Planning to drive up Friday from west palm. Depending on work, may or not make it for WP9. There are some great Airbnb’s near Jax beach. Most likely stay in Jax beach both Friday and Saturday night. Doesn’t make sense for me to stay in Palatka then drive up to Jax on Sunday, to drive back south home. Really looking forward to this! Thanks to @NoLayovers for putting things together!

3 Likes

For some reason I can’t edit my original post, but here’s what it’s looking like currently. Scrapping the train and Orlando portion due to COVID/logistics challenges. This is based on some initial conversations with Co-Chairs (@Hwhite @JCO @OffTheDole)

Friday, July 31st
Morning and Afternoon rounds around Jacksonville/Northern St. Johns County.

Friday Morning
Open to suggestions on where to play. I’d probably prefer the south/east side of town. St. Johns Golf & CC or South Hampton?

Friday Lunch

Food/Beers at Valley Smoke or one of the other restaurants on the Intracoastal.

Friday Afternoon/Evening
I really want to play the Palm Valley Golf Course. Something beautiful to me about a Family-owned par-29 executive course 5 miles from PGA Tour HQ. Just found this recent video of Doc Redman and Sam Ryder playing it, which I hadn’t seen before Link: https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1245116159529111552. Very laid-back 9-hole jaunt.

Saturday
Palatka rented out from daylight-3PM

Saturday Morning/Early Afternoon
18-hole round (Hopefully NIT Qualifier) followed by lunch and then a couple of hours to play some cross-country holes, large-format, etc.

Saturday Afternoon/Early Evening
Beers/hangout on the deck at nearby restaurant/bar, Corky Bell’s. Awesome patio/deck.

Sunday Morning
Round at Jax Beach

Mentioning everyone that’s responded to the google sheet given how much has changed in the itinerary (and the world) since I originally posted this. Logistically this is going to be simpler to pull off and should still be a lot of fun.

@2down
@PGA_ALLTHEWAY
@Vaughanw22
@Palmerwood52
@FivePar
@schikolas
@SirDojalot

6 Likes

@eddieb85
@AbeFroman
@JDinDelray
@tsweat345
@2ndGuyStripeShow See above

1 Like

Good stuff! Depending on what we decide to do for Friday morning. I know if we decide to go with St. John’s Golf and CC, @palmerwood52 might be able to help us out there. Once again, any other ideas for Friday morning are welcome.

@NoLayovers, I think dinner/beers/hangout Friday evening as well nearby Palm Valley Golf Course might be nice at least for those who would like to do that. Also, I’m guessing logistically for everyone traveling it might be worth staying somewhere in Jacksonville instead of Palatka but that’s entirely up to them.

Totally agree

2 Likes

Sounds good. It’s four hours or so from Delray, so I’ll probably come up Thursday night.

The last time I played St. John’s, admittedly years ago, course conditions were poor. If we play it, I’m hoping it’s better this time around…

St. John’s Golf Club (county course) and St. John’s Golf and CC are two different courses. I’m assuming you’re referring to SJGC.

2 Likes

Would I be a total scumbag if I was only available on Saturday?

1 Like

Looking like a great weekend! I’ll probably do the same as @JDinDelray and drive up Thursday afternoon. Def staying in Jax.

1 Like

Absolutely not. Come to whatever portion of the agenda you can make.

2 Likes

The only scumbags are the people who don’t show up at all!

3 Likes

That sounds more likely. I played a lot more up there when my folks lived in Mandarin.

1 Like

so are people staying in Jax and driving an hour super early saturday morning to make it to palatka? and then driving back to jax saturday night? trying to figure out how to make this work. I don’t drink and drive so I’d prefer to just stay in palatka is anyone is doing that but I do have a close friend in jax I could stay with if people have room in their car for the drive there and back.

also, goodness I need to work on my game, this is less than 2 months away and I can barely find the ball right now lol.

Just working out some kinks as I will be in St. Augustine for a mini-vacation earlier in that week so just need to hammer out some logistics.

2 Likes

I can’t commit to anything at this point. Not sure about wedding postponement dates, not sure what this virus is going to be doing then, not sure if work will allow me to leave the area, not sure that it will be wise to do anything social by then.

3 Likes

Totally understand. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like