Tourney Format Suggestions

I have a 20 person, 27 hole day dialed in for the end of Oct. Any suggestions for formatting?

Thinking either an 18 hole stableford/quota, then ranking 1-20 and matching up 1/20, 2/19, 3/18, etc for a 2 person scramble for the final 9.

Or

3 separate 9 hole formats. Pair people up randomly, and any combo of 2 person scramble, best ball, shamble, scotch, etc. I’m concerned about even pairing with this one especially as one of the 9s will be a scramble. I guess I could rank 1 through 20 and do pairings that way rather than randomly.

Anyways, would love any and all thoughts or what the best format would be. We’ll have handicaps between 4-20 with the majority being 5-12.

1 Like

Cut the field in half by index the pair equitable by index. Two player teams go 9 holes scramble, Better Ball of the Pair, then 9 holes holes combined stableford.

Scramble helps knock of the rust get players to know each other
Best ball and stableford make it possible for players to post individual scores afterwards.
Stableford points get subtracted from the total score.

1 Like

Good ideas! Love to 2 man combined stableford that’ll turn the last 9 into a shootout coming down the stretch!

3 Likes

Can recommend using a free live scoring app (Golfhubber, VPAR etc). We used one at our RACDG Sunningdale event and it was a blast. We had 40 people playing a 36 hole aggregate stableford comp.

One of the leaders was playing in my group and it was fun letting him know that he needed to birdie two out of the next three holes to remain in contention.