Tom Coyne is a Saint - Meta-Discussion

I’d love the chance to join somewhere in or around St Louis. I’m not a member anywhere, just appreciate your work and what you’re trying to do here.

1 Like

I believe it was privately owned when it was built, but definitely public. Now it is owned by the public university in the neighborhood.

1901 was a good year for public golf lol

1 Like

Thank you! Will do my best to fit them in – appreciate the recommendations! TC

1 Like

Thanks! Do join me at Goat Hill, that would be great. California in December it looks like. Stay tuned to @coynewriter where I’ll post dates, then drop me a line if you can make it. Best, TC

2 Likes

You can follow me on @coynewriter where I’ll announce the schedule as it comes together, month by month.

3 Likes

@TomCoyne just saw you’ll be in KC for one of my favs – Swope Memorial. Looking forward to seeing your schedule, but hope I can join. There maaaaay be a decent contingent here willing to get a game together, too.

1 Like

Count me in for anything in Southern California!

Also Rustic Canyon, Soule Park, and Olivas Links would be worthy adds.

1 Like

If you need a pit stop between Bandon and The Bay Area stop off in the redwoods of nor cal (Arcata, Ca) I’d be happy to show you around and slap it around my home track.

1 Like

Excited I get to host @TomCoyne for one of these rounds - have enjoyed his books back to Paper Tiger days

2 Likes

Playing this AM with one of my regulars’s sons. He mentions that he has a trip planned this summer, a wedding in Ireland. Says he will take three weeks and bring his clubs… HAVE I GOT A BOOK FOR YOU!
Will place “A Course Called Ireland” in my locker tomorrow and tell him to pick it up any time.
(I have always enjoyed passing along good books to friends. I guess TC would rather I tell him to buy his own, but at least we will create a new fan)

2 Likes

@TomCoyne and crew are down the road from me at Shennecosset (Groton) and Fenwick (Old Saybrook) on Wednesday and I have to miss it because of a can’t miss work meeting in Stamford. Granted it’s for an important piece of business we’re at the goal line on, but…

This one stings

1 Like

@Clarkebar on Wednesday:

7 Likes

Awesome idea and my club is on his list. Can’t wait!

Teeing it up with Mr. Coyne this coming Saturday at Crystal Springs. Hopefully I don’t embarrass myself, given all the golf he’s playing the guy is probably stripping it!

1 Like

Did you connect with him on twitter/instagram to get this set up? Was excited to see he has a local muni in my hometown on his list and hoping I can get lucky enough to join him.

Hes on here.

1 Like

Yep - am sure you can ping him on here. We connected via Twitter when he posted his northeast itinerary for these last couple of weeks. Think for the Crystal Springs round we may even have 2 groups going out.

Is anyone here on the Refuge teeing it up with Mr. Coyne sometime in August or September?

mid July for me

July 9 here