Tips for Joining Push Cart Mafia

Carrying your bag for 18 holes is totally unnecessary. Think of how much it tires out your back and messes with your swing. This is why EVERYONE should join the mafia

I have a Jones as a second bag, which is unstructured, that would be awful on a push cart and just slide down and be way more trouble than it’s worth.

I believe your MacKenzie has a support rod, so it should at least stay on the cart properly. Your only challenge will be the opening size vs a normal bag.

I have a Sunday bag from Callaway that I use and it is fine on my push cart. Just have to make sure the straps are secured properly. Your McKenzie bag would be the same way since it’s unstructured.

Sort of off-topic, but how do clubs fit in the Jones bag. I’ve always liked the aesthetic.

It works fine. Mine has 3 dividers, and I only carry 13 clubs.

The top (seems like the smallest) has driver, fairway, and putter. The middle has the most: 2nd fairway, hybrid, 5-7 irons. The bottom has 8, 9, PW, and Gap. I like to keep the putter close-at-hand and out of all the tighter quarters.

It has its limitations when it the ground is wet, if you need to carry extra weather gear, etc.

Even on one shoulder, it seems to keep the lower back from taking all the weight, which seems like a bad thing but it seems to help. The bad part is you have to balance that with bending over to pick it up, unless you can lean it on stuff (cart, partner’s stand bag, trees, etc.).

@Soly @Tron could you offer a short review on the Riksha’s? R1000 or R3000?

I have been a made member of the Push Cart Mafia for a number of years, and I use a ClickGear 3.5. It is sturdy, high-quality construction, and very well designed.

I appreciate how easy it is to push and how smooth the ride is. The wheel-brake on the push handle is great, and I especially like that you can adjust the front wheel to get it to track dead straight. I enjoy giving it a shove when hitting a downhill stretch and have it roll ahead for 100+ yards straight down the fairway, (Unlike most of my drives). I had a few times where I overdid it and had to run after it as it tracked straight for the green (again, a problem I wish I had with my shots).

I clip my IPhone on the handle using an inexpensive bike handlebar phone holder, giving me easy hands-free access to my yardage app.

I recently got a Motocaddy Cube 3 which I’m loving. It does all the usual stuff on course but the best thing is how small it folds up. It makes it very easy to drag around in my car.