Tips for Joining Push Cart Mafia

I’m looking to make the leap and #GetInvolved with the push cart mafia. Can anyone offer tips on the best brands and set-ups?

Most of the guys at my club that I play with walk, so I have seen several brands and owned a couple different ones.

I’ve had both the 3 wheel and 4 wheel styles. The Sun Mountain 4 wheel collapsed really compactly but had limited attachment options (at least back then). Maneuvering was fine and I didn’t really have any complaints with it from a functional standpoint until the locking mechanism broke and the brake went out. The two different 3 wheelers were both Clicgear 3.5 and both have great maneuverability Clicgear is awesome and my recommendation. The attachable accessories are really handy, and I especially like the spring loaded seat and sand bottle. There are other brands out there that are cheaper but I just think Clicgear is the way to go. I have the 3.5, and they are easy to get parts for if something gets worn out. I have replaced the brake hammer, brake line and main frame tube on my spare cart and it is in great shape but I keep it in the garage as a back up.

The one thing that can be a hassle is the accessories. I leave my cart at the club so it isn’t an issue anymore, but if you have the seat, cupholder, and sand bottle on it, you’ll have to remove them before collapsing the unit down and putting it in the trunk. Not a big deal, but it is kind of annoying putting them on and taking them off each round.

For what it is worth, whenever anybody gets a bunch of money in their pro shop winnings account, they always end up getting a Clicgear if they need a cart.

Hope that helps.

Sun Mountain Speedcart has everything you need and nothing you don’t. It’s not highfalutin or lowfalutin…just solid falutin.

Caddytek EZ Fold from Costco:

I would also recommend a Clic Gear, I have one and the thing is a beast. Two other guys in my group also roll with a Clic Gear. As @Gary said, it can be annoying that you have to remove the accessories before you can fold up the cart, but in my opinion the convenience of all the available accessories heavily outweighs this minor annoyance.

I joined the mafia last spring and haven’t looked back.

Clic Gear seems to generally be the consensus, but if you’re looking to spend a bit less money, I can also vouch for the CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3-Wheel (link). I particularly like the bottom storage container which allows for carrying around additional layers and other needs. It even has a cooler spot to bring along some drinks.

Clic Gear 3.5 is what I use at my club, I love it. If I was looking to purchase one, would most likely go that route.

I use/sell bag boy push carts and love mine. The quad push cart folds down and is a little bigger than a case of pop folded down and can easily be maneuvered with one hand on course.

Can vouch for the (3 wheel) CaddyTek. I got it at Costco for $100. No complaints and it comes with some features built in that you probably have to pay extra for with the clicgear, etc.

I’m joining the PCM soon too, and will be going with a Sun Mountain Speed Cart.

I just got the three wheel caddytek as a Christmas gift. I live in Chicago so won’t be able to test it out for a few more months here but I’m sure as long as it rolls fine and has a brake, it will be an upgrade from carrying.

Majority of players at my club use push carts. Just dive in and be a trend setter!

I’m not going to dignify this insanity with a response.

Same boat here. Just bought one and will be able to test it when the snow melts. Seems legit though. Much better than the cheapo maxfli one I used to have.

Once you get it, spend some time setting it up the way you want, PRIOR to getting to the course. Nothing drives me more crazy than the guy, that after everybody has hit their shot is standing 150 yards back in the fairway messing with his straps, or fooling with accessories on his pull cart. And then he’s doing it two holes later, and so on so forth.

I play on a hilly course on the East Coast of Canada and I would guess a majority of the membership has a ClicGear. I’ve had one for about 6 years and love it. I have never had any issues other than letting go of it without putting the brake on. I put a cart bag on it and it works great and needs minimal push even when loaded down in the fall.

I have a bag boy. Will be upgrading to clic year this Christmas however.

I bought a Clicgear 3.5+ last year and love it, but I did buy the tour bag attachment just to make the bag a little more upright. Other wise the bag sat too flat and I’d have trouble getting the clubs out of my bag at the bottom. The Bag Boy triswivel looks pretty sweet but the Clicgear reviews for reliability and customer support were overwhelming. Not disappointed at all.

The BigMax blade is a nice option as a 3 wheel that folds flat. Worked very well before I had a garage and basically had all golf stuff in my trunk at all times.

Pretty basic with options to add on storage if you need.

For anyone who needs to save space in car or at home, i can heartily recommend the Motocaddy Cube. Folds up tiny for a 3-wheeler.