The Taste of the Masters

It’s great. FYI: Wrap the barbecue in foil and let it sit so the bun gets steamed. Enjoy

1 Like

Got my package over the weekend. Wasn’t home to receive it, so my parents swung by and grabbed it for me. Box didn’t say that it needed to be refrigerated, so it wasn’t. Opened it and the contents still felt cold to the touch. The ice packs still had a little ice in them, and I immediately refrigerated the Pimento, BBQ, and egg salad. Emailed the email address with the order and they told me that as long as it stayed under 41 degrees, everything should be okay. Checked with surface thermometer and we’re right there for the pork BBQ, but the pimento and egg salad are both okay. With the surprise shipping, I wish they’d included a “perishable” note on the box, but overall, I’m thrilled with what I received.

Still waiting on mine no tracking numbers So fingers crossed it arrives

Mine shipped yesterday and won’t arrive until tomorrow. I’m a little worried.

Finally got a tracking number around 6AM this morning.

Pack touched down today. I’m a little underwhelmed by the quantity of pimento, egg salad, and bbq. The packaging and accoutrements are spectacular however. I’m just worried this will not feed 10-12 men.

Anytime I see a suggested serving size on stuff like this I automatically halve it

No doubt. I had already planned to bbq some ribs as well. Now I’m glad I did.

Had the same feeling when I saw the three containers. Only having 4-5 guys so should be good to send everyone home fat and happy.

It’s back!!!

Three ordered, office party planned again.

3 Likes

Made my first trip last year and i could use some sammiches!

Now if only there was a way to get some of those Georgia peach ice cream sandwiches!!

And for those of us who are cheap or like deals Rakuten has 2% back on Goldbelly. Not sure how The Masters feels about that part

Not doing the mini with smaller sides of some bbq pork seems like a miss. And don’t get me started on the fucking moon pies instead of the delicious cookies.

I got it for the office last year but it wasn’t as big of a hit as I thought. So the smaller set intrigued me until I saw the contents. Sticking with this years plan of homemade pizzas at the house on the weekend.

1 Like

I was hoping they included that pink drink that was on the advertisement. Looks like they added the popcorn though.

2 Likes

Not doing it this year. It comes well packed and the accoutrements are nice and everything tastes fine but for that kind of money you’re really just paying for the branding. Let’s be honest, it’s egg salad, pimento cheese, and some pulled pork. Not items worth near $200+. It was nice to do one though.

1 Like

The egg salad is whack too. Everything else was solid though. I still use the cups

Had no idea this was a thing until I saw this thread today. Pretty weird cause last week we decided we would make a few things from the menu for a mini watch party. Gotta get one of those cups though…

You’ve never been accused of not hitting cups :muscle:

1 Like

That’s an Azalea. They are delightful.

2 oz. vodka
1 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz lemon juice
splash grenadine
garnish with lemon and cherry

I’ve seen variations with more lemon and/or pineapple juice, so I’d experiment until you find your preferred version.

What a Saint you are. As someone who has not been to the tournament, having the ingredients is helpful!

1 Like