The Summit of Mt. Prospect (6/8/24)

Can we agree on

all OB is played as lateral (if a ball is ob you can’t play it)

Lost ball is played at nearest point defined by group not a retee for pace reasons

Hazard on right of 3 is an environmental area(no penalty but are not allowed to look)

Any additional rules we need to discuss?

8 Likes

Automatic provisionals allowed off #5 tee. Almost every time I’ve played that hole, I’ve gone long left of the dogleg and at least half the time can’t find it.

1 Like

We’re never gonna qualify for OWGR points if we just keep making up our own rules.

Don’t hit it there.

7 Likes

You’re always allowed to take a provisional if you think your ball might be lost.

4 Likes

Far left (and right) on 4 is same. S/O @Mr.Sunday for venturing over there earlier this week for us to realize this. White stake with green cap = free drop. But agree, just drop nearest where it crossed and keep moving.

2 Likes

Same as left on #11.

3 Likes

Left of 9, outside the fence, should be playable.

6 Likes

Unfortunately unplayable per park district ordinance. That’s OB. It hasn’t been white staked in a while though.

1 Like

Geno approved!

4 Likes

For the group that hasn’t played the course before. Can anyone provide a little feedback on the course to speed up play like what is ob, lateral, free drops, etc.

1 Like

#17 is the best hole in Illinois

18 Likes

They have pretty clear descriptions of the native areas on the scorecard, so I would say be sure to grab one even if you don’t use it for official score. I only found a new one this week because of a dead pull about 100 yards left of the green. So my advice would be to not do that.

6 Likes

Stop and go traffic for the first 20 miles of this drive from MN is not the way I want to start this trip. Regardless I am pumped!

17 Likes

For those that aren’t on the Discord, @kmcswain aced 7 yesterday. He then proceeded to buy everyone a Miller Lite like a true gentleman.

27 Likes

A real man of the people, many people are calling for a sponsor exemption into the Canadian open.

16 Likes

Hey @Privatecollection - our guy @Setwilli won an NIT spot yesterday at our event! I can’t find a registration link so would it be possible for you to give him that info? Thanks in advance!

7 Likes

Big shoutout to @EConroy419 for coordinating a day I won’t soon forget. Without his work I would have made an ace with two strangers and @McDuffin. Thanks to his efforts, this stupid podcast, and $90 I got to share with usernames we’ve all seen. It was a freaking awesome day. I hope everyone got at least one drink on my tab. I know there’s debate about buying drinks when you ace one, but I was more than happy to pay that tab. Can’t wait for the next event!

35 Likes

Umm, there is? I would like to participate in that debate on the “Pro” side.

5 Likes

Congrats to @Setwilli on his NIT spot, @kmcswain on his ace and captain @EConroy419 for putting on a great event.

14 Likes

Congrats @Setwilli!

5 Likes